2019/2/5: Nintendo Switch: Namco Museum Arcade_Pak, Toki

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2019/2/5: Nintendo Switch: Namco Museum Arcade_Pak, Toki

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 5th, 2019, 7:53 pm

Let me know what you think about this new set of Switch reviews!

Sonicx9

Re: 2019/2/5: Nintendo Switch: Namco Museum Arcade_Pak, Toki

Postby Sonicx9 » February 5th, 2019, 8:36 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Let me know what you think about this new set of Switch reviews!

BTW critic, you are wrong about Namco Museum Arcade_Pak having DLC which is actually is called Namco Museum Arcade Pack as no DLC exist for this game or the two stand alone digital versions called Namco Museum and Pac Man Championship edition 2 plus. But what you are right about is the EULA problem, you can avoid online uploading scores by changing the default game settings which is recommended for you.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » February 6th, 2019, 2:18 pm

I was hoping you'd warm up to Sky Kid at long last (One of my personal favorites), but at least you're consistent with your earlier reviews. :)

Ms. Pac-Man for some reason has fallen out of favor in recent years. With few exceptions, it usually hasn't appeared on dedicated gaming devices when Namco delves into their back catalog over the past decade or so.

I'd estimate off the top of my head that for every 5 times we've seen arcade Pac-Man appearing since say 2007 or so, Ms. Pac-Man only shows up once.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 6th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:Let me know what you think about this new set of Switch reviews!

BTW critic, you are wrong about Namco Museum Arcade_Pak having DLC which is actually is called Namco Museum Arcade Pack as no DLC exist for this game or the two stand alone digital versions called Namco Museum and Pac Man Championship edition 2 plus. But what you are right about is the EULA problem, you can avoid online uploading scores by changing the default game settings which is recommended for you.

Where are these default game settings you speak of? Please be specific.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » February 6th, 2019, 8:40 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:

I will show you when I get home via the Switch screen capture feature.

Cafeman

Postby Cafeman » February 6th, 2019, 9:17 pm

Atariboy wrote:I was hoping you'd warm up to Sky Kid at long last (One of my personal favorites), but at least you're consistent with your earlier reviews. :)

Ms. Pac-Man for some reason has fallen out of favor in recent years. With few exceptions, it usually hasn't appeared on dedicated gaming devices when Namco delves into their back catalog over the past decade or so.

I'd estimate off the top of my head that for every 5 times we've seen arcade Pac-Man appearing since say 2007 or so, Ms. Pac-Man only shows up once.

Steve Golson, Ms Pac-man developer, said that's because Namco didn't want to pay him a royalty anymore. Seriously.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » February 7th, 2019, 2:13 pm

Thanks for the reviews. I remember Toki vaguely. I remember it being fun.

It is a shame to read about not having all the goodies of the ps1 releases. Namco could fit their entire back catalogue onto one cartridge. In some ways I am not surprised. Look at the shambles that was arcade pack on the xbox. Download only Galaga, Pacman and Digdug. You had to pay extra if you wanted Ms pacman. 4 games in total.

Thanks for the review. Can we have the SNK collection next on Switch? I hear that there is at least 20 games on it. Though 11 of them might be download only after you have put it on your Switch.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » February 7th, 2019, 9:49 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:

Update: A little late but a good example:

Image When it default setting you get the annoying internet promp.

Image When it changed settings like this you get rid of the annoying internet promp saying "Your current settings excluds you from online rankings. To join them, please reset the game's settings.".

This should help critic?

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » February 8th, 2019, 12:43 am

Cafeman wrote:Steve Golson, Ms Pac-man developer, said that's because Namco didn't want to pay him a royalty anymore. Seriously.

Explains why it was the lone piece of paid DLC for Pac-Man Museum on the 360/PS3.

It also answers why when 'Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 + Arcade Game Series' hit retail for the PS4/XB1, Ms. Pac-Man was excluded from the arcade extras (Namco released 4 classics as standalone downloads on the PS4/XB1 including Ms. Pac-Man, and this disc included three of them).

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 8th, 2019, 4:04 pm

Sonic-
I can see how this would prevent the uploading of scores, but I shouldn't have to change the rules to do it!
I'll stick with my three lives, but thanks anyway.

Return to “Review Feedback”