2019/3/26: Playstation 4: God of War

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Sonicx9

Re: 2019/3/26: Playstation 4: God of War

Postby Sonicx9 » April 1st, 2019, 8:21 pm

DrLitch wrote:
Retro STrife wrote:It's funny to me that some people actually imagine the Switch as "next gen" rather than properly grouping it with the PS4 and Xbox One generation.

Yeah, similar to Dreamcast which slotted between two gens. Dreamcast was way ahead of it's competition though when it was released, the Switch is not.

The thing is Switch is between the Wii U and base Xbox One, but closer to base Xbox One based on it modern API support features like top end Unreal Engine 4 and Unity the former which is very demanding (Unreal Engine 4 case). But if you want similarities you had the PS Vita vs the PS3/Xbox 360. Where Veta was less powerful then the PS3/Xbox 360, but more powerful then the Wii and original Xbox. Switch is like that for the base PS4 and Xbox One, where less powerful then the PS4/Xbox One, but more powerful then the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U in raw specs save for the PS3 in the CPU department which got almost no full use outside of exclusives made in mind with that said system do to it complex hardware setup. And mind you, their where tones of PS4/Xbox One games down ported to Vita and that a far bigger tech gap then the Switch vs PS4/Xbox One so theirs that.

txsizzler

Re: 2019/3/26: Playstation 4: God of War

Postby txsizzler » April 2nd, 2019, 7:34 am

DrLitch wrote:The 9th generation may be the last for consoles. There is only so much one can do with the concept of plugging a box into a TV and inserting a game disc.

I'm not so sure about that thought.. while it may be the last generation we see for traditional consoles, newer tech with different ways to play the game will likely emerge, giving a new style to gameplay (think VR tech, or perhaps holographic). Those newer pieces of tech will become The 10th or 11th generation systems.

My .02 anyhow.

Return to “Review Feedback”