About the Astrocade...

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
djc

Re: About the Astrocade...

Postby djc » September 17th, 2019, 12:38 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:If I could go back in time I'd love to browse around those old departments stores like Montgomery Ward and peruse the latest in "high tech" merchandise. I'd probably go on a shopping spree.

There are sites online where you can view/virtually flip through the old Sears Wishbook and Radio Shack catalogs. It's super-nostalgic and really takes you back to your childhood. Definitely makes you wish you knew then what you know now.

LuckyWDFN

Postby LuckyWDFN » September 17th, 2019, 11:02 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Great thread! I really need to update my Astrocade section. Any suggestions for new reviews or updates??

Actually, I think Artillery Duel is the only official release you haven't reviewed, that and ICBM Attack which is a Missile Command clone that's super rare and super expensive (and needs a special controller to play). I agree with 90% of your reviews although I think you were too hard on Football & Checkmate. I'd pad Gunfight's letter grade a + & I thought you were too easy on Bally Pin. I think you'd like Artillery Duel.

Not that it would have saved a failing market scheme, but the system could have definitely benefited from more 1-player only games like Intellivision had with D&D or Atari had with Adventure, Pitfall, Haunted House etc. Like I said earlier, part of the fun back then was knowing all your friends had the same systems, games, and experiences. Having a system that no one had that focused mainly on 2-player games made even having a superior console a bit less fun.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 19th, 2019, 7:45 pm

Great feedback LuckyWDFN, I'm definitely pulling out Artillery Duel (on my multicart) next time I have friends over.

Return to “Review Feedback”