2019/9/17: Playstation 4: The Golf Club 2019, Madden NFL 20

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Retro STrife

Re: 2019/9/17: Playstation 4: The Golf Club 2019, Madden NFL 20

Postby Retro STrife » September 19th, 2019, 10:38 am

ThePixelatedGenocide wrote:Serious question: How does the newest Madden compare to ESPN NFL 2k5? And which Madden would you consider the best in the series?

When you ask the NFL 2K5 question, you'll inevitably get some nostalgic gamers that say "2K is still way better than Madden". My opinion: I love the 2K series, it was better than Madden back in the day, and I wish it was still around - but the reality is it doesn't hold up as well today as people remember it. 2K5 is still a good old school football game, but I'd rather play a modern Madden game. It took Madden years to surpass NFL 2K5, but it did so eventually, and just plays a better game of football than NFL 2K5.

(Now, whether Madden has surpassed Tecmo Super Bowl (NES)... that's a good question right there.. I'd take TSB any day.)

As for which Madden is best overall, I haven't played enough to comment on that, since I buy it only once every few years or so. They don't change enough to justify a yearly purchase. But personally, I'd recommend going with the newest one, so that you have the updated rosters, especially if you follow the teams/players closely. Or to save money, buy a year or two back.

Sonicx9

Re: 2019/9/17: Playstation 4: The Golf Club 2019, Madden NFL 20

Postby Sonicx9 » September 19th, 2019, 2:20 pm

jon wrote:I have no clue if that’s true what Sonic says about the engine, but I will say this. I mentioned to my friend years ago who gets every madden and I told him it seems like they reuse the engine every year now that was like 8 years ago. And I thought it was to low to the field the behind the qb standard view it should have been higher. As for the 2nd question I think the earlier the better the farther back you go on the genesis 92 the more Arcadey it gets. I’d have to think the earlier ones are best for multi.

It was previously Infinity engine for some of the late last gen Madden titles on Xbox 360/PS3, but moved to Ignite for 25 all the way up to 17 PS4 and Xbox One releases, but switched to DICE Frostbite (game engine) in 18 onward.

Return to “Review Feedback”