2019/10/29: Nintendo Switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
User avatar
Stalvern
Posts: 1079
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 7:15 pm

Re: 2019/10/29: Nintendo Switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Postby Stalvern » October 30th, 2019, 2:15 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:If I am complaining too much, maybe I should be banned from the site, and Stalvern should block me because as he recently threaten me to be blocked on the site, it just I don't know how to control my self on the internet especially when it comes to polarizing opinions, help?

First, that was a personal message because I wanted to keep a one-to-one matter like that out of the thread. Second, it wasn't a threat; it was a fair warning – I'd rather make one last stab at actually resolving an issue than block you out of nowhere. Third, it couldn't be a threat anyway because whether I see your posts or not changes nothing on your end.

Everyone here has indulged you beyond reason in discussing the same points over and over and over again, which you're always apologetic about but invariably circle right back around to the next week. You lament the toxicity and polarization of YouTubers and Metacritic brigades and The Crappy Games Wiki but simultaneously accept them unconditionally as absolute truth, and it never changes, no matter how many times you let people think that they've talked you into some kind of sane distance from them. It's clear that you feel some need for an external, concrete authority to consult and orient your thoughts by (and God knows you wouldn't be the first), but this unshakable faith that you have in the worst dregs of the Internet couldn't be more misplaced. And no matter how much the people on this forum show that they care for you personally, no matter how much they bend over backwards to accommodate and include you, your loyalty is still toward the communities and people that seem to do nothing but hurt you. I feel like a sucker for bothering at all.

User avatar
DrLitch
Posts: 316
Joined: July 19th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Re: 2019/10/29: Nintendo Switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Postby DrLitch » October 30th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:The thing is I 100% disagree with the critic review of Switch Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night


Why would you want an agreeable echo chamber anyway? Would you like the Critic more if every review was written to appease your feelings? Do you want to go to a place where everyone kisses your ass?

Sonicx9 wrote:Also is there a problem if I take critics reviews too seriously because others say I take many things related with gaming too seriously in regards to opinions especially if they are not the popular opinions on the internet and what not.


Dude the reviews are supposed to be entertainment. You should enjoy what you enjoy. I do not put much stock on Rotten Tomatoes for instance. If I did then the Last Jedi would be a good film. It is not, it sucked. It sucked so much I have a new respect for George Lucas's childish Reboot 1999-2005. This is just one example of many. However I still read the reviews for entertainment and perspective but I will form my own opinions ultimately.

Sonicx9 wrote:with polarizing opinions


This is a buzzword you like. Why do things need to be polarizing? If it is other people doing the fighting then do what everyone sensible does, do not get involved. When you were at school and two guys were throwing fists at each other did you jump in and get involved or did you watch the fight out of morbid curiosity? I will guess the latter.

Sonicx9 wrote:Wrong Mega Man 11 requires a core i5 on official system requirements just like Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on PC, and the former is 60FPS on Switch, exposed!


Eh maybe I was bending the truth a bit I did not even know Megaman is on PC :lol: .

Sonicx9 wrote:Last thing is should I create a change.org Petition for critic to go out and review the PS4 version because that the real version he should be playing/reviewing not the crappy Switch port or is that going to far even for me?


If you want him to review the PS4 version for sake of personal feelings you should at least offer to purchase him a copy. Better yet, let this one go. The Critic probably bought it for the Switch because his Switch collection was looking a little light while he had a plethora of PS4 games. I and most people like to balance collections out. No agenda.

Sonicx9 wrote:If I am complaining too much, maybe I should be banned from the site, and "****" should block me because as he recently threaten me to be blocked on the site


Most people here support free speech. Banning is ridiculous unless blatant trolling.

You do know outing "insert name" as in invoking a bad guy<->you a victim will not fly with most. At best this will be seen as a passive aggressive move, at worst, name shaming. I purposely did not include the User's name to give you an opportunity to edit your post. His name, if over a personal remark in PM, should not be brought up. What goes down in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Sonicx9 wrote:it just I don't know how to control my self on the internet especially when it comes to polarizing opinions, help?


As long as grievances stay on internet that is fine and yields minimal damage. I hope you exercise self control in real life, in workplace, at home, etc.

I struggle to see your point of view regarding polarizing opinions. I read all kinds of crazy crap everyday and laugh at most of it.

EDIT Stalvern posted before me. Keeping my posts /thoughts intact nonetheless.

User avatar
Matchstick
Posts: 242
Joined: October 26th, 2017, 6:45 am

Re: 2019/10/29: Nintendo Switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Postby Matchstick » October 30th, 2019, 2:44 pm

Great reviews!

I've mentioned this a few times on other topics, but I'm always happy to see the games you review earn positive scores, Critic. Most of the time on this site, you manage to review games that I either never got around to playing back in the day or have never even heard of to begin with. Games like these that get better scores, it makes me all the more compelled to try them out for myself.

In a strange twist of fate, I actually own both of the games that were reviewed here. I bought Curse last year for the Switch during an end-of-the-year eShop sale. Got it for about $5, and it was worth every penny. I wouldn't give it an A, either, but it was a good game, and definitely accomplished what I feel the developers set out to do. It did have the feeling of a classic Castlevania game, complete with the lady character using a whip like one of the Belmonts. All of the character switching made it feel like an extension of Castlevania III, and some of the songs on the soundtrack still get me a' hummin' from time to time. I beat through it once, and stared another playthrough a while later. I love that it's a short game you can beat in an afternoon, and since it saves between every stage, I can chip away at my second playthough whenever it strikes me. It's a game I'm glad to have in my collection, even if it's not one of my most-played.

Ritual, I bought a few weeks ago for the Xbox One, though I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Just waiting for the right time, you know? Of course, with Halloween coming tomorrow, 'tis definitely the season for it, but I have been so overwhelmed with non-gaming real-life grown-up stuff that I haven't even turned on a game console in weeks. Seriously. Happens to all of us, you know?

Myself, I moved to a new town last year and started a quick-fix job at Starbucks which has turned into so much more. One of their benefits is that they pay tuition if you take online classes through Arizona State, and since I never finished college during my first time twenty years ago, I figured, "what the heck, I'll give it a shot." Brother, is it ever kicking my butt! Currently taking a higher-level research writing and Calculus class and, well, they're keeping me busy. Factor in the work schedule and spending some regular time with the Waifu, and yeah, it's a miracle that I even have any time to post on this board anymore, let alone spend some quality time with a drawn-out game like Ritual. But I'm getting there!

I'm greatly looking forward to when I have the time to sit down and play Ritual, as I'm considering it to be my "great reward" for finishing my classes this semester. I have a little over a month's worth of a Winter break starting the first week of December, and I can't wait. Ritual is right at the top of my list, and I feel that finishing up my second playthrough of Curse won't be far behind.

You've done nothing for me but stoke the fires of excitement with your positive reviews, Critic, and I thank you for it. Only five more weeks of classes and I can finally find out what all the fuss is about!

User avatar
DrLitch
Posts: 316
Joined: July 19th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Re: 2019/10/29: Nintendo Switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Postby DrLitch » October 30th, 2019, 2:56 pm

Matchstick wrote:Great reviews!
Ritual, I bought a few weeks ago for the Xbox One, though I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Just waiting for the right time, you know? Of course, with Halloween coming tomorrow, 'tis definitely the season for it


You will get 20 hours out of this and it has an awesome challenge. Not a challenge like Rondo of Blood where you will be yelling at the TV, more one where beads of sweat will form, 100% focus to get job done.

Matchstick wrote:Great reviews!
made it feel like an extension of Castlevania III, and some of the songs on the soundtrack still get me a' hummin' from time to time. I beat through it once, and stared another playthrough a while later.


Biggest difference with Curse of Moon - it is beatable. C III is impossible, most brutal final level in gaming history.

Matchstick wrote:Great reviews!
Arizona State,


I was split seconds from agreeing a move to Scottsdale for a job. Ended up with an East Coast gig. Reason? I lived several years in CA and determined that the mild Pacific Ocean climate was too much for me. Well, actually lived inland some and that 50-70F was more like 70 - 90F with emphasis on upper. AZ add another 15 degrees, minimally. Looking at where I used to live in CA, my house would have been right in the fire zone. So sad...

User avatar
Matchstick
Posts: 242
Joined: October 26th, 2017, 6:45 am

Re: 2019/10/29: Nintendo Switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Postby Matchstick » October 30th, 2019, 3:23 pm

Thanks for the post, Litch! Reaaaaaaally shouldn't be replying right now (got a research paper due by the end of the week that I'm just tip-toeing around - UG!) but I appreciate your post and wanted to give a quick shout-out.

I know I will love Ritual. It's gotten nearly universal praise, which is rare, nowadays. Just. Can't. Wait.

I hear ya on Castlevania III. I only ever beat it with Alucard as a partner, only because I would stockpile hearts and use his bat form to fly over the hazards in the final stage. Never managed to pull off that pendulum-jumping segment as Trevor. It's on my "to-do" list someday as I would love to beat the game with Sypha. S/he makes the boss rights so much easier, and I feel like if I can just keep them around for the Dracula fight, I will absolutely obliterate him. That Dracula fight, though, with just Trevor... I have done it before, once, but I find beating the timer to be a bigger challenge than Drac, himself!

Gotta love those natural disasters, eh? I'm glad I don't live in AZ or CA, myself, though we almost made similar moves as a family when I was younger. Dad got a job offer when I was a teen that would have taken us to San Rafel, CA, or just outside Chicago. We chose the latter, which worked out pretty well in the long run. Still, growing up in KY, we always had the threat of severe storms and flooding. The basement flooded when I was a kid, and I lost everything I held near and dear. The NES and Atari, as well as all their games, my comics, many toys and board games, my GamePro / Nintendo Power collection - all ruined. Maybe some of the game cartridges would have worked, but since the basement was flooded with what amounted to a diluted muck of mud and raw sewage, um... nope, into the trash, they went!

I also had high winds from a tornado cause a tree limb to fall into my room a few years later. I was at school at the time, so I was fine, but yeah, it did some damage. Mostly the rainwater that got it. Kind of made me who I am today, though - not a collector, just someone who's happy with what little bit he has, but also away that it could all be lost at a moment's notice. In other words, I just try not to get too attached to anything, as you never know when it will be gone.

Here on the OR coast, there's the constant threat of earthquakes and flooding from ocean squalls, and always talk of "the big one" in regards to a tidal wave. We currently don't live in what's considered to be a flood zone, but we're right on the edge. It bites, but you can't live your life in fear of what may or may not happen. Even if our house didn't get swept away by a wave, the roads would all be washed out, the power would be out, and we'd be stuck in place for weeks. It's such an isolated community where we live that it would take ages to get help and for things to get back to normal. I try not to think about it, but yeah, it comes with the territory.

On the plus side, no tornadoes! I do feel like I've traded up, in that regard :D

Sonicx9
Posts: 1818
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: 2019/10/29: Nintendo Switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Postby Sonicx9 » October 30th, 2019, 3:40 pm

Stalvern wrote:First, that was a personal message because I wanted to keep a one-to-one matter like that out of the thread. Second, it wasn't a threat; it was a fair warning – I'd rather make one last stab at actually resolving an issue than block you out of nowhere. Third, it couldn't be a threat anyway because whether I see your posts or not changes nothing on your end.

Everyone here has indulged you beyond reason in discussing the same points over and over and over again, which you're always apologetic about but invariably circle right back around to the next week. You lament the toxicity and polarization of YouTubers and Metacritic brigades and The Crappy Games Wiki but simultaneously accept them unconditionally as absolute truth, and it never changes, no matter how many times you let people think that they've talked you into some kind of sane distance from them. It's clear that you feel some need for an external, concrete authority to consult and orient your thoughts by (and God knows you wouldn't be the first), but this unshakable faith that you have in the worst dregs of the Internet couldn't be more misplaced. And no matter how much the people on this forum show that they care for you personally, no matter how much they bend over backwards to accommodate and include you, your loyalty is still toward the communities and people that seem to do nothing but hurt you.


Ok, sorry I took the message the wrong way, but anyways, you complain about me taking others too seriously, yet you also do not complain if I take critics opinions too seriously, talk about double standards. Anyways, it true that people like Allie-RX with extreme comments like "Play any version of Bayonetta you want, but if you pick the PS3 version, you deserve to be mocked, ridiculed and bullied for the rest of your life." are too black and white and should not be taken as grant. Also I did this because I disagree with people defending the not so good Switch port of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and take it as fact from other random sources, it sad that things have gotten much worse these days as it one of the things that prevents me from enjoying the 8th gen along with critics mixed reviews for games from this not so great gen?

And to go on a more positive note. I do really like Liana K on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxeNJd ... juZRpEgfTQ, I like her not because she is hot and a kitty cat lover, but she is one of the few real life Feminist I have respect for that are not so extreme and black and white like others and is neutral on things which make me happy as she is easier to take seriously unlike the worst dregs on the internet.

DrLitch wrote:
Why would you want an agreeable echo chamber anyway? Would you like the Critic more if every review was written to appease your feelings? Do you want to go to a place where everyone kisses your ass?


It because the critic is so mixed on 8th gen that it become the most polarizing gen the critic has been through, then again I blame that combined with trusting others from the web.

DrLitch wrote:Dude the reviews are supposed to be entertainment. You should enjoy what you enjoy. I do not put much stock on Rotten Tomatoes for instance. If I did then the Last Jedi would be a good film. It is not, it sucked. It sucked so much I have a new respect for George Lucas's childish Reboot 1999-2005. This is just one example of many. However I still read the reviews for entertainment and perspective but I will form my own opinions ultimately.


Funny thing you mentioned this because lately people have been more respective to the prequel trilogy once the Last Jedi came out. And true if you look at Metacritic scores for Street Fighter V critics liked it, users hated it just like the Last Jedi.

DrLitch wrote:This is a buzzword you like. Why do things need to be polarizing? If it is other people doing the fighting then do what everyone sensible does, do not get involved. When you were at school and two guys were throwing fists at each other did you jump in and get involved or did you watch the fight out of morbid curiosity? I will guess the latter.


I unfortunately like to be a bandwagon freak because I am board so I have nothing else better to do then be involved with drama.

DrLitch wrote:Eh maybe I was bending the truth a bit I did not even know Megaman is on PC :lol: .


If you did research it is on PC.

DrLitch wrote:If you want him to review the PS4 version for sake of personal feelings you should at least offer to purchase him a copy. Better yet, let this one go. The Critic probably bought it for the Switch because his Switch collection was looking a little light while he had a plethora of PS4 games. I and most people like to balance collections out. No agenda.


But is critic sensitive on framerate in games are not really?

DrLitch wrote:Most people here support free speech. Banning is ridiculous unless blatant trolling.

You do know outing "insert name" as in invoking a bad guy<->you a victim will not fly with most. At best this will be seen as a passive aggressive move, at worst, name shaming. I purposely did not include the User's name to give you an opportunity to edit your post. His name, if over a personal remark in PM, should not be brought up. What goes down in Vegas stays in Vegas.


I am sorry I took the message seriously from that said person. And what private should stay private is that correct.

DrLitch wrote:
As long as grievances stay on internet that is fine and yields minimal damage. I hope you exercise self control in real life, in workplace, at home, etc.

I struggle to see your point of view regarding polarizing opinions. I read all kinds of crazy crap everyday and laugh at most of it.

EDIT Stalvern posted before me. Keeping my posts /thoughts intact nonetheless.


I have a long held confession to make, I do have autism so that may explain all my problems on the site and is also 30 years of age sad face. This may explain why I cause so much drama on the forums.

Matchstick wrote:Great reviews!


Only if critic gave Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night score to the right version not the bad Switch version?

User avatar
DrLitch
Posts: 316
Joined: July 19th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Re: 2019/10/29: Nintendo Switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Postby DrLitch » October 30th, 2019, 4:58 pm

Matchstick wrote: (got a research paper due by the end of the week that I'm just tip-toeing around - UG!) but I appreciate


A fellow academic/researcher! I hear you, I am writing a research paper that is missing just one crucial piece of evidence to support my claim (which is demonstrable in practice and simulation work). As it is, journals I publish in have been highjacked by mathematicians and they do not take experimentation as evidence. Means I am S*** Out of Luck. I am at the stage in my career where learning new things from scratch is like teaching an old dog new tricks. Good luck with your papers.

Matchstick wrote:
.........
Here on the OR coast


You live in one of the most beautiful areas of CONUS. If you drive South, Crescent City and the Redwoods. North, some Scenic Washington State views. Steer clear of Portland and Oregon is a State I would love to live in. One of my favourite places in Or is Crater Lake. Absolutely breathtaking.

Sonicx9 wrote:Funny thing you mentioned this because lately people have been more respective to the prequel trilogy once the Last Jedi came out. And true if you look at Metacritic scores for Street Fighter V critics liked it, users hated it just like the Last Jedi.


Street Fighter the Movie with Van Dam was better than Last Jedi :lol:
I would play SF V ten times before Last Jedi and SF V is crap compared to previous Street Fighter Games.

Sonicx9 wrote:But is critic sensitive on framerate in games are not really?


30fps is a fairly normal framerate for console gaming. On the small screen it is not really that big a deal, big screen sure but even then hardly game breaking. The biggest issue with Switch Port is the game likes to take a Dump when playing. Very annoying and incovenient but ones tolerance to it will vary person to person. Playing most my games on PC, I am used to things crashing for no reason.

Sonicx9 wrote:I have a long held confession to make, I do have autism so that may explain all my problems on the site and is also 30 years of age sad face. This may explain why I cause so much drama on the forums.


Yeah I thought you might have Asperger's but it is much harder to tell in written format. We get a lot of Engineers that have Asperger's working here, it is nothing to be embarassed about. You create less drama than you think you do.

Sonicx9
Posts: 1818
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: 2019/10/29: Nintendo Switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Postby Sonicx9 » October 30th, 2019, 7:04 pm

DrLitch wrote:Street Fighter the Movie with Van Dam was better than Last Jedi :lol:
I would play SF V ten times before Last Jedi and SF V is crap compared to previous Street Fighter Games.


LOL, good one there. I am sure you would rather play Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on Switch then watch Last Jedi is that correct?

DrLitch wrote:30fps is a fairly normal framerate for console gaming. On the small screen it is not really that big a deal, big screen sure but even then hardly game breaking. The biggest issue with Switch Port is the game likes to take a Dump when playing. Very annoying and incovenient but ones tolerance to it will vary person to person. Playing most my games on PC, I am used to things crashing for no reason.


First many older games where 60FPS and second, you are excepting buggy products and defending a bad product? People have no common sense.

DrLitch wrote:Yeah I thought you might have Asperger's but it is much harder to tell in written format. We get a lot of Engineers that have Asperger's working here, it is nothing to be embarassed about. You create less drama than you think you do.


Actually it moderate autism not Asperger's, and surprise to see you say cause less drama then I think.

User avatar
DrLitch
Posts: 316
Joined: July 19th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Re: 2019/10/29: Nintendo Switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Postby DrLitch » October 30th, 2019, 8:16 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
LOL, good one there. I am sure you would rather play Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on Switch then watch Last Jedi is that correct?



Well as much as I love Bloodstained I have played it three times I am done with it probably forever unless they do DLC and even then I am spent. I only watched Last Jedi once I probably could handle watching Luke Skywalker Astral Travelling again or Leia floating in Space. Not recommended but I can take one for the team if need be :roll:

Sonicx9 wrote:First many older games where 60FPS and second, you are excepting buggy products and defending a bad product? People have no common sense.


Not defending a bad product. Given a choice, only allowed one copy, I would take PS4/Xbox/PC version over the Switch. Easy no brainer choice here. Porting flaws did not make the game trash on the Switch. Compromised, yes. Trash, no. Important to recognize that.

One of my favorite games of all time is Horizon Zero Dawn, running at glorious 1080p and 30fps. I say that sarcastically. I do not care, game awesome, end of discussion.

Breath of the Wild WiiU/Switch also among my favorite games. That hardly runs well but what a nice game to run around in anyway.

Another of my favorite games ever, Nier Automata runs like hell on any platform it was released on. PC version is absolutely horrific in particular. Ahhh but the game, pure bliss, one of best ever, I can overlook a lot of things.... also cannot get nude mods on console I should be ashamed of myself...... :cry:

Sonicx9 wrote:and surprise to see you say cause less drama then I think.


Internet differences of opinion should be normal, 100 people reading and commenting on conversations impossible for people to agree all the time. That is a good thing. As a problem though, as in drama, no not at all. Most people can separate real drama from differing opinions.

Voor
Posts: 837
Joined: April 14th, 2015, 8:08 pm

Re: 2019/10/29: Nintendo Switch: Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Postby Voor » October 30th, 2019, 10:40 pm

What does “review bomb” mean? I’ve never heard that.


Return to “Review Feedback”