2019/12/3: NES: Shinobi, Gun-Nac

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Matchstick

Re: 2019/12/3: NES: Shinobi, Gun-Nac

Postby Matchstick » December 7th, 2019, 10:28 pm

Stalvern wrote:Good news – Wikipedia apparently considers this information "notable".

Oh, Wikipedia - you take the fun out of everything!!

That being said, it was nice to be reminded about Vib Ribbon, and I forgot all about Bucky O'Hare. Of course, if there's one TMNT-style TV show / comic book / toy crossover from my younger years that I consider to be forgettable, it's Bucky, all right.

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » December 8th, 2019, 1:57 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:The bunny icon has been ACQUIRED, but not yet deployed.

I'd like to hear your suggestions about which games are truly deserving of it!

Rabbits show up in Crystalis (NES). You can even talk to one of them (Deo), who will give you a useful item (Deo's Pendant) late in the game if you shape-shift into the image of his dead friend Stom when you talk to him. There's also an item called Rabbit Boots that allows you to jump.

Robbie the Rabbit is the mascot of Lakeside Amusement Park in the Silent Hill games and makes appearances in a number of them. I'd probably only include Silent Hill 3 and maybe Silent Hill: Homecoming (where early in the game you must find a Robbie the Rabbit doll in order to advance the story).

The Final Fantasy series has a race called the Viera that have rabbit-like characteristics, but none of the FF games that have been reviewed so far feature them. I do remember that you fight some sort of rabbit enemy in FFVII.
Last edited by velcrozombie on December 10th, 2019, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » December 8th, 2019, 3:47 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:The bunny icon has been ACQUIRED, but not yet deployed.

I'd like to hear your suggestions about which games are truly deserving of it!

Creepy rabbit guys from the Silent Hill games. The Star Fox series had Peppy Hare. Epic Mickey 2 has Oswald the rabbit. Cream the Rabbit in the Sonic series. A few games have actual rabbits in the environment (often to be killed as food, like Oregon Trail and Horizon Zero Dawn, but you don't have reviews of those games).

The best video game rabbit of all time, of course, has gotta be Jazz Jackrabbit... unfortunately, his games were only on PC, not consoles (except for one terrible GBA game).

And, playing off Gentlegamer's suggestion, this icon is just begging for a review of Playboy: The Mansion for PS2 or Xbox. Probably a terrible game, but lots of potential for a funny review and funny use of the icon.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » December 8th, 2019, 11:51 am

I think some Splicers in BioShock wear rabbit masks.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » December 8th, 2019, 4:43 pm

Retro STrife wrote:A few games have actual rabbits in the environment (often to be killed as food, like Oregon Trail and Horizon Zero Dawn, but you don't have reviews of those games).

Edit: Also, Red Dead Redemption 2 as another example of this, among the games you have reviewed.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » December 9th, 2019, 9:41 am

There's definitely a side mission to kill rabbits in Dragon's Dogma.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 9th, 2019, 8:28 pm

What should the name/description of this icon be?

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » December 9th, 2019, 9:35 pm

I don't see why it shouldn't follow the "may contain" format of the other animal icons.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » December 10th, 2019, 12:21 pm

Stalvern wrote:I don't see why it shouldn't follow the "may contain" format of the other animal icons.

Same. And I would use the word "bunnies" over "rabbits" (i.e., May contain bunnies). "May contain rabbits" doesn't really convey that the icon is meant to be humorous.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » December 10th, 2019, 1:58 pm

The best I could come up with was, "Beware of Bunnies!" Anything else just devolved deeper and deeper into wordplay nonsense. "Hare-Raising Entertainment," and the like. Yuk, yuk, yuk...

I think the "May Contain..." format is a good one to stick to. Keeps all of the icons a little more uniform. Though honestly, I think you can't really go wrong, either way.

Return to “Review Feedback”