Sega Genesis Mini review

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Sega Genesis Mini review

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 22nd, 2020, 9:27 pm

I updated the Genesis Mini review based on all your excellent feedback guys! Thank you! Added a paragraph about changing the language to Japanese and also mention the manuals are available via a link. Why these companies don't put them out in a separate hardback book I'll never know.

envytomdead

Postby envytomdead » January 23rd, 2020, 12:56 pm

I don't know why I can't bring myself to pick one of these up. I have an NES classic and a Retron 77 so I am not opposed to emulation. I don't know if it's the price or that I have a good chunk of the games between carts and Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection. Maybe it will be an impulse buy someday if I pass it in a store and its on sale.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » January 25th, 2020, 7:31 am

As an interesting addendum, Retro-Bit sells officially licensed 6 button controllers that work with the Sega Genesis Mini (And PC, PS3, Switch, and even the Super Retrocade that I believe the Critic reviewed a few years back).

The mode button (which is repositioned to a shoulder button on the right hand top of the controller) even lets you go directly to the dashboard on the Genesis Mini, bypassing the need to hold down the start button for 5 seconds like with the stock gamepads.

I don't own one of these controllers just yet, but have recently bought the equivalent controller from them that's wired for use on original Sega hardware. If I like it after putting it through its paces soon, I think I'll upgrade to this for my Genesis Mini as well.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » January 25th, 2020, 7:48 am

Atariboy wrote:As an interesting addendum, Retro-Bit sells officially licensed 6 button controllers that work with the Sega Genesis Mini (And PC, PS3, Switch, and even the Super Retrocade that I believe the Critic reviewed a few years back).

The mode button (which is repositioned to a shoulder button on the right hand top of the controller) even lets you go directly to the dashboard on the Genesis Mini, bypassing the need to hold down the start button for 5 seconds like with the stock gamepads.

I don't own one of these controllers just yet, but have recently bought the equivalent controller from them that's wired for use on original Sega hardware. If I like it after putting it through its paces soon, I think I'll upgrade to this for my Genesis Mini as well.

I have one of these controllers and use it with the Genesis Mini...it works great!

envytomdead

Postby envytomdead » January 25th, 2020, 2:26 pm

Atariboy wrote:As an interesting addendum, Retro-Bit sells officially licensed 6 button controllers that work with the Sega Genesis Mini (And PC, PS3, Switch, and even the Super Retrocade that I believe the Critic reviewed a few years back.

Funny you should mention Super Retrocade, I was actually thinking of picking that up instead of the Sega Genesis Mini.

Critic which would you choose if you had to choose one?

Return to “Review Feedback”