2020/5/26: Nintendo Switch: Atari Flashback Classics, SNK 40th Anniversary Collection

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2020/5/26: Nintendo Switch: Atari Flashback Classics, SNK 40th Anniversary Collection

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 26th, 2020, 11:27 am

And the hits just keep on coming!

By the way, I really hate that time machine icon I use for compilations. I think I've come up with a good alternative - a green dinosaur! If anybody can provide me with an icon like that (32x32 pixels preferably) I would appreciate it!

ASalvaro

Re: 2020/5/26: Nintendo Switch: Atari Flashback Classics, SNK 40th Anniversary Collection

Postby ASalvaro » May 26th, 2020, 12:54 pm

ugh i got excited when i saw that Atari Flashback had 5200 Realsports Baseball but after reading your review it looks like it's messed up..what a shame

snakeboy

Re: 2020/5/26: Nintendo Switch: Atari Flashback Classics, SNK 40th Anniversary Collection

Postby snakeboy » May 26th, 2020, 7:16 pm

Hmm ... You were a little rough on Atari Flashback. By comparison the three volumes for the PS4 scored a B, B, and C. You put all of them together on one cart and you get ... a C- ??

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 26th, 2020, 8:41 pm

snakeboy wrote:Hmm ... You were a little rough on Atari Flashback. By comparison the three volumes for the PS4 scored a B, B, and C. You put all of them together on one cart and you get ... a C- ??

Scientists are still trying to explain this mysterious phenomenon!!

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » May 26th, 2020, 8:49 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:
snakeboy wrote:Hmm ... You were a little rough on Atari Flashback. By comparison the three volumes for the PS4 scored a B, B, and C. You put all of them together on one cart and you get ... a C- ??

Scientists are still trying to explain this mysterious phenomenon!!

All I know is, once they develop a coronavirus vaccine, solving this mystery needs to be priority number one!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » May 28th, 2020, 5:21 pm

This is why I come here Critic. I do not have a Switch so I do not get to play these games? Well actually yes I do. I have both of them on PC. Atari Vault does not have the same range of games as the AFC but it has most of the major titles. I so do agree with you when you say it is an own goal not to have Activision/Imagic titles. Plus there is a whole host of games they could pick up dirt cheap, Like Spectravision's Cross force or Gangster Alley. Plus no Battlezone which it is odd as I think Rebellion would have done a deal with them to keep it in the public eye. Or at the very least release Battlezone 2600 and call it tank trouble. I love Vanguard on the 2600. I used to play it at gigs many years ago, where there was an arcade game stuck in bar. So the lack of titles like Bezerk, well would harm this collection a lot. Not so good to hear that the 5200 games were not much cop.

Next up the SNK collection. I have it on my PC and it a joy. How to do everything right (apart from not enough games). A company has been releasing shoddy versions of their classics. I have ghost pilots on my Xbox1 (download only). There is no two player. I was amazed. What is so great about this compilation on the pc is that I can remote play with a friend even though he does not own a copy of the game. Though I can do that with the Atari one as well. Steam is so great as a platform.

There is a great selection of games and I finally got to play Vanguard after all of those years wanting to play it. So it is superb for me. I got to find out the reason I was so trash at it all those years ago. It is so hard. Great selection of games and features. It is so good to hear that it is out for the switch so those owners can enjoy the sheer pleasure of early SNK.

Lastly it has been released on Xbox1 as well. Down load only.

Return to “Review Feedback”