2020/6/19: Playstation: Lethal Enforcers I & II, Thunder Force V: Perfect System

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2020/6/19: Playstation: Lethal Enforcers I & II, Thunder Force V: Perfect System

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 19th, 2020, 7:35 am

These are two review updates.

I believe the Lethal Enforcers review concludes my revisiting of them games. Thunder Force V was downgraded from B to C-. I think a lot of the novelty of those 3D graphics has worn off over the years. Playing them next to the 2D games, it's really no comparison.

Thoughts? Don't be shy!

BlasteroidAli

Re: 2020/6/19: Playstation: Lethal Enforcers I & II, Thunder Force V: Perfect System

Postby BlasteroidAli » June 20th, 2020, 6:30 pm

It is a shame on both fronts. I loved Lethal Enforcers 1 in the arcade. Also the lack of Gun Con compatibility is bad. Though most Konami had this issue. So you had two different guns to play all of the PS1 games. Oh that for the warning on the speed. I think unfortunately light gun games have had their day.

It is such a shame about TF 5 as I loved the games on the Megadrive/Genesis. As with the other games review I cant see me ever trying to get them or play them.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Re: 2020/6/19: Playstation: Lethal Enforcers I & II, Thunder Force V: Perfect System

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » June 20th, 2020, 10:20 pm

Einhander, R-type Delta, and Radiant Silvergun all expose Thunderforce V. Even by the standards of the time, it was a bit of a disappointment.

I wonder if any of the three would still hold up for you? I still prefer early 3d graphics to the PS4 and SNES (no joke, half the fun is seeing how the developers deal with the challenge), so it'd be interesting to hear from someone who considers them a massive handicap that the actual gameplay needs to overcome.

Return to “Review Feedback”