Pirate Box Art Special

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Pirate Box Art Special

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 21st, 2020, 7:28 am

I think my main problem is that there's a black background and all of these have a white background. Doesn't look very good.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 21st, 2020, 7:38 am

C64_Critic wrote:I can't believe you didn't post a side-by-side (or one on top of the other) contrast of the two different Scott Adams "Pirate Adventure" game boxes! The pirate on the cover of the C64 version looks like he regrets every life decision he ever made, a veritable poster child for "Kids, don't turn out like me...", whereas the one for the Apple 2 looks like the dude is about to soak in a treasure-chest shaped hot tub full of gold coins before having his way with a supermodel in a thong bikini.

One of those boxes actually make me want to buy the game. The other makes me want to stay in school and study hard. Talk about two different marketing approaches!

I added this to the bottom of the page. It really helps wrap things up on a funny note!

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » August 21st, 2020, 9:20 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:I think my main problem is that there's a black background and all of these have a white background. Doesn't look very good.

Ah.. I see. Wasn't sure how it worked. I thought maybe you cropped out the background.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 21st, 2020, 10:05 am

I actually did find a decent parrot icon, but when I put them on the page it looked far too busy, so I think I'll just keep the page the way it is. Good idea though.

TheEagleXIII

Postby TheEagleXIII » August 22nd, 2020, 1:37 pm

Wow the EU Captain Silver box art is even worse when compared to the NA version!

Great stuff again these box art specials. This might sound very 2005, but what about a Ninja box art special to counter it. ;)

Return to “Review Feedback”