2004/4/18: Sega Master System: Great Baseball, Great Soccer, Reggie Jackson Baseball

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
goldenband

2004/4/18: Sega Master System: Great Baseball, Great Soccer, Reggie Jackson Baseball

Postby goldenband » August 29th, 2020, 8:48 pm

I tried to find a feedback thread for this set of reviews but couldn't find one, so I started my own. Yay? (Hope that's OK.)

Anyway, I played a little bit of Great Baseball today and was curious about the Critic's review. It's pretty on point (if a bit harsh), as I didn't find the game especially enjoyable, with its slow fielders and weird pacing.

However I noticed that the screenshot is actually from the Japanese version of Great Baseball -- which believe it or not is a totally different game under the same title. Confusing, I know! But it doesn't have the Bases Loaded-style view that the Critic mentions in his review, plus there's Japanese text in the screenshot, so it's clearly the wrong one.

By the way, I've played another baseball game with balks -- namely, Color Baseball on the Tandy CoCo. It's easy, maybe too easy, to balk in that one! Not a great game but it was fun when I was 7-8 years old, and it has a nice rendition of the Star Spangled Banner in 4-part harmony.

BlasteroidAli

Re: 2004/4/18: Sega Master System: Great Baseball, Great Soccer, Reggie Jackson Baseball

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 1st, 2020, 2:06 pm

Hmm interesting. I remember playing the Master system Great American Football game. It was actually pretty good back in the day. This was before John Madden. Better than the 800xl Gridiron. I have the 5200 version on emulation. I should try it to see if it is as bad I remember it.
Always been useless at baseball as we do not play it in the UK. Great Soccer. Never played it.

Return to “Review Feedback”