2020/11/7: Atari 2600: Galagon

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
icepeople

Re: 2020/11/7: Atari 2600: Galagon

Postby icepeople » November 9th, 2020, 3:54 pm

Thanks. I still think the pacing isn't as quick, but otherwise I guess I just need more skills.

BTW, don't get me wrong...I fully agree with VGC's grade :mrgreen:

johnnywc23 wrote:
icepeople wrote:A question: After getting past the initial "wow," it seems to me the attacks once the aliens are in formation are limited to one alien or "group" at a time and in general the pace is relatively slow/tame compared to the coin-op. I assume it was a necessary hardware concession, but since I haven't taken a deep dive into the most difficult settings/levels I wanted to ask if anyone can provide a definitive answer about this.

Hello there!

I am the developer of Galagon (Galaga) for the 2600. To answer your question, there is not a limit to one group or alien attack. The maximum # of active attack aliens/groups is 10 I believe (I needed to define a max # since the attack pattern info is stored in static arrays). Of course there is difficulty ramping based on the skill level and current round, so it may start out at 1 (for Novice, stage 1) but will eventually reach 10 on the higher levels on advance. :)

Hope that helps!
John

Return to “Review Feedback”