Intro to Video Game Mania

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Intro to Video Game Mania

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 19th, 2020, 8:52 pm

I have a bunch of Video Game Mania links in my archive page, but they're pretty old and it occurred to me that a lot of people don't know what they're all about. So I wrote this!

https://videogamecritic.com/extras/vgm/vgmintro.htm

Comments welcome!

Retro STrife

Re: Intro to Video Game Mania

Postby Retro STrife » November 20th, 2020, 10:10 am

This definitely helps since, even as a long-time reader, I don't know if I had ever seen the Video Game Mania pages before. This explains them and puts the links all in one place.

Really sounds like it's time to bring it back. I read through the VGM 5 page and it sounds like a blast. Then, as a huge fan of Tapper, I clicked through the other pages to compare my high score (52,975) to the VGM scores haha. Do you still have that machine in the collection? That's one I hope to add someday. It's pretty pricey by arcade cabinet standards, so you lucked out getting it way back then.

P.S. The link for VGM X isn't working.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Intro to Video Game Mania

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 20th, 2020, 2:55 pm

Yeah I still have the Tapper machine, notable because it's the original Budweiser model and not a converted root beer game. I did have to fix it up a bit. It was very rough around the edges so I installed some wooden trim which made all the difference.

I fixed the VGX link - thanks.

Return to “Review Feedback”