2021/4/1: Playstation 4: NCAA Football 21

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
ASalvaro

Re: 2021/4/1: Playstation 4: NCAA Football 21

Postby ASalvaro » April 1st, 2021, 4:07 pm

BlasteroidAli wrote:Critic, do you know when this is being released. I have a sad story to impart. A good friend of mine is a gulf war veteran he just loves Football games. He is kind of unlucky as he had Gulf war syndrome. Last May he got Covid but recovered, thankfully. Then he found out he had long covid and can only really play games for about an hour at a time. I mean this is one unlucky chap. Anyway, I told him of this new football game and he is really excited. He said it is the first bit of luck he has had for about a year. He is now desperate to play the game as he thinks it will really help him in his therapy. He loves the idea of a new NCAA football game.

He said he looked online but could not see a release date for the game. I said that I would check with you, as you probably got a pre release copy.
So when it this game out?

wow that's great i hope he enjoys the game..i have a cousin who only has one leg and in life he only has 2 wishes..1.to get himself a new leg and 2.that they release NCAA football 21 on his PS4 and as soon as i saw this i immediately called him on the phone and he was so excited he was hopping up and down like a little kid! in fact he was so excited that after he got back up (he fell down) and came back to the phone he told me he is taking some of the money he's been saving for his new leg and buying this game as soon as it comes out!

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » April 1st, 2021, 5:09 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:You forgot to mention the new Politcial Correctness algorithm they implemented! I'm not a fan of football games, but even I have to admire a system that can randomly generate complaints based on things you actually do in the game that can turn the crowd, refs, and even the commentators against you. I watched one guy playing on YouTube, and when he chose not to have his quarterback kneel for the national anthem then field was stormed by an army of college protestors with brightly dyed hair (and yes, you can tackle them, but you'll risk taking a huge hit to your social stat). That said, giving you a 100 question quiz before every game to figure out your political opinions is kind of overdoing it a bit.

Odd. My quarterback lost sponsors because he chose to take a knee.

Seems that was too controversial for the land of the free.

Meanwhile, my wide receiver was gassed and beaten for taking part in a peaceful BLM protest. A bunch of screaming drunks said it's the same as rioting, despite the peaceful protest taking place at the same time as the nearest riot, in a completely different city.

Talk about cancel culture.

Then the drunks started a victory riot, when their team won.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » April 1st, 2021, 5:55 pm

Wow, this thread got dark fast... to real...

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 1st, 2021, 6:20 pm

That's enough politics guys! It took me a month to put together this review so let's focus on that!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » April 1st, 2021, 11:54 pm

Calm down, one friend had Covid a singer in rock band.. he does love Football. He recovered. 14 days in intensive care. Some one else who is a friend of a friend died from it. So it was a variation of the Critics superb NCAA football April Fools story. When I wake up in the morning I am always in a black mood. I read this story about a young chap who like us is a vid games player and he says he now only had enough energy to play for 20 mins at a time. I was like that must be really bad. So I incorporated it in my not very funny Aprils fool joke of my own.

So profuse apologies to all. It was my black Scottish humour.

djc

Postby djc » April 1st, 2021, 11:55 pm

What are the odds that Madden 22 has cardboard cutout fans in the stands (or empty arenas) just so EA doesn't have to design and animate a crowd?

NFL 2K5 is still the best football game I have ever played.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » April 2nd, 2021, 6:48 am

djc wrote:What are the odds that Madden 22 has cardboard cutout fans in the stands (or empty arenas) just so EA doesn't have to design and animate a crowd?

NFL 2K5 is still the best football game I have ever played.

So like PS1 era football.

I concur, NFL2K5 is one of the best NFL games ever released.
Anyone have a dave NCAA Football game?

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » April 2nd, 2021, 10:57 am

djc wrote:What are the odds that Madden 22 has cardboard cutout fans in the stands (or empty arenas) just so EA doesn't have to design and animate a crowd?

Too much work. They'd need to make new high resolution pixel art and everything.

Plus, imagine all the new voice overs they'd need to pay for?

Instead, they'll reuse their PS2 quality audience models with their PS1 quality animation sets, and claim it's better than the real thing.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 3rd, 2021, 8:18 am

FYI - next year let's all try to "play along" with the April Fools review so new people with any doubts with REALLY be confused when they read the comments. Don't give it away.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 3rd, 2021, 12:33 pm

A billiken is a weird little genie thing that was briefly a fad in the early 1900s. The SLU coach at the time looked like one, so people called him and eventually his team the Billikens. Source: I went to SLU.

Return to “Review Feedback”