2021/6/16: Xbox One: Quantum Break

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2021/6/16: Xbox One: Quantum Break

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 16th, 2021, 6:10 pm

A new Xbox One review! You don't see these every day.
Let's hear your thoughts on this one.

BlasteroidAli

Re: 2021/6/16: Xbox One: Quantum Break

Postby BlasteroidAli » June 16th, 2021, 7:47 pm

It is a good game but I prefer Control to it. Same weird ideas but they dropping the TV series. As you said it employed the same effects as Max Payne and who made MP? Remedy who made QB. Their system and they use it better than anyone else. Just play MP 3 to see how to do it badly.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » June 16th, 2021, 10:41 pm

This has to be the most negative B- review I've ever seen.

"While cool, I feel like I've seen all of these in previous games...", "Not too painful", "surprisingly conventional", "has it's moments", etc.

I could understand the review score if that was the end of it, but the disdain for offline play and both the story and the controls being an issue?

I had to look up your other B minus reviews on the platform for context, where it turns out those are all familiar themes.

I guess I'm just missing some really important context by never playing a game on hardware that powerful, and avoiding modern AAA gaming in general.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 17th, 2021, 7:15 am

I'm pretty sure you're given the option to download all of the tv episodes directly. If I recall correctly it was roughly 100 GBs. If you had done that you wouldn't have had streaming issues interrupting your gameplay/watching the clips. I get that that alone is annoying but there was a way to mitigate the streaming issues you experienced. However, I don't think it would have changed your grade though.

Good review, I played it back in the day and quit, life took over and I never went back. The grade seems about right for it. I didn't finish it which I'm fine with.

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » June 17th, 2021, 8:45 pm

Sounds like a pretty decent game. Though it's kind of embarrassing that most AAA games, regardless of plot, boil down to mindless shooters. You get bitchin' powers that let you control time and the first thing game developers think to do is have a dude shoot a million people.

Now I'm not one who is against kick ass violence and white knuckled action in video games. However, just once I'd like to see someone get cool powers and not have it turn into a Matrix movie. Hell, think about the beloved Nathan Drake from Uncharted. That lovable dude may not have any super powers ('cept for them ninja warrior-esque finger grips), but that doesn't stop him from being the world's most violent man. I bet he's killed THOUSANDS of people over the course of 4 Uncharted games. Think about the kind of sociopath he must be to just casually kill anyone that gets in his way and then act like your best drinking buddy from college. Cue Arnold Schwarzenegger from True Lies saying, "Yeah, but they were ALL bad".

All joking aside, it looks like a decent enough game. Still, I liked it better when it was called Psi Ops on the Original Xbox.

Shapur

Postby Shapur » June 25th, 2021, 11:44 pm

Own it but haven’t played it yet. I really love Alan Wake so maybe I’ll enjoy this a bit more than the Critic.

One thing: is extensibly a word? Is that a typo for ostensibly?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 26th, 2021, 8:59 am

Shapur wrote:Own it but haven’t played it yet. I really love Alan Wake so maybe I’ll enjoy this a bit more than the Critic.

One thing: is extensibly a word? Is that a typo for ostensibly?

Thanks for pointing out this typo Shapur! You're English is much gooder than me!

Return to “Review Feedback”