CollectorVision Phoenix Review

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

CollectorVision Phoenix Review

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 2nd, 2021, 4:11 pm

BlasteroidAli

Re: CollectorVision Phoenix Review

Postby BlasteroidAli » July 6th, 2021, 9:29 am

Words will fail to do justice to how jealous I am of you. Just now in the UK we have no free trade agreement with anyone. So that means most countries will not import gorgeous items like the ones in your review. Also, it is very hard to get one. So it is great to know that it is great. Thanks for the review.

Do this mean we will get more Coleco reviews? I think you should re review Gorf. Always one of my faves on the Coleco. Plus does the roller controller work on it? I think you will need to rereview Slither and Victory. What about third party games does the Spectravision Super Cross force work on it? https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x82ou1. Oh wait you have not reviewed that classic.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 6th, 2021, 4:09 pm

Are they making any more runs of the CollectorVision Phoenix console? I would hope they will because it really is a good deal for retro gamers. I haven't seen anything about preorders on the internet. If any of you guys are interested you should let the people at CollectorVision know. I think the main reason they did the second run was because of the demand.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » July 11th, 2021, 5:08 pm

The plan was for this 2nd run to be it, but a recent AtariAge post makes it sound like they're investigating the possibility of producing more units.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/29789 ... nt=4817407

The roller controller works on it. And thanks to the system's ability to play Colecovision roms located on a SD card, one can even play the homebrew controller hacks for Slither, Victory, and Turbo to use a standard controller with them if they lack the special accessories (Also makes them playable on the Analogue Mega Sg's Colecovision core). And Super Cross Force works on it, as do all Colecovision games.

As far as I know, only the Atari 2600 add-on doesn't work. One reason I suppose why the Phoenix has an Atari 2600 core and the ability to play Atari 2600 rom files. It's not a perfect implementation in FPGA of the Atari 2600, but they talk about enhancing it in the future to make it better.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 11th, 2021, 6:36 pm

I would advise anyone who's even remotely interested to make some noise and push for this. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Return to “Review Feedback”