2021/7/22: Nintendo Switch: Mario Golf: Super Rush

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2021/7/22: Nintendo Switch: Mario Golf: Super Rush

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 22nd, 2021, 4:39 pm

Let me know what you think of my latest Switch review. Fair?

matmico399

Re: 2021/7/22: Nintendo Switch: Mario Golf: Super Rush

Postby matmico399 » July 22nd, 2021, 6:23 pm

Good review. But I think it's time they retire the Mario character. It's been around for 35 plus years. Marion games just don't interest me anymore.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » July 23rd, 2021, 4:35 am

Good review as always. I was waiting for this one. Think I will pass on this one, not sure why it is so hard to make a great Mario sports title.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » July 23rd, 2021, 7:36 am

I do have this game, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. This review kind of makes me feel like this game may be a little bland. I'm not really interested in the speed golf portion, but that may change when I play it. That game mode doesn't sound terribly interesting to me for some reason.

I'm most excited to play the adventure mode, but to hear that it moves at a really slow pace is a little disappointing.

evergreen13

Postby evergreen13 » July 23rd, 2021, 9:07 am

I've been enjoying Mario Golf Super Rush as well, and a B- rating seems pretty accurate. The adventure mode is definitely some wasted potential, as they created this whole world to wander around but there's nothing to do but randomly chat with people. I have no sense of place when I'm wandering around, and I just simply found myself following the arrow to just get to the next objective. Really, the real kicker for me is that the game made me freakin' go to bed before I even swung a golf club for the first time! Why?

But overall, the golf is solid, and I've been having fun playing with strangers online. The easiness of the game goes out the window when playing with others, as everyone has the advantage of the wide fairways and large holes. The lobby system works well, as you really get to choose how you want to play a round. Sure, the game is missing some of the Mario "zaniness" that you might expect from a game like this, but I honestly kinda like that it's a bit more subdued. That said, I do wish there were more courses and characters to play as. And like the Critic implied, there's nothing really to keep you playing after you beat the adventure mode, but for some casual fun multiplayer golf, it's still a fun time.

Den

Postby Den » April 1st, 2022, 1:35 pm

VGC, have you considered revisiting Super Rush? The free DLC added a LOT of new material, including new courses, characters, and several cool new modes. If you think this game is too easy, try the one-on, one-putt challenge on the New Donk City course.

Return to “Review Feedback”