2021/12/22: Genesis: RoadBlasters, Super Smash TV

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: 2021/12/22: Genesis: RoadBlasters, Super Smash TV

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 24th, 2021, 11:12 am

Wow, thanks for the tip about Nex Machina. I'll check it out.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » December 24th, 2021, 11:57 pm

Roadblasters has more depth than perhaps meets the eye. If one is going to get anywhere in the game, they have to learn to be deliberate with their shots to maximize their shot multiplier (A successful kill gives you +1 and a miss with your cannon gives you a -1).

If you don't have it maxed out close to 10 at the end of each stage, you won't get anywhere since your starting fuel quickly becomes inadequate to make it to the end of a stage. The key to progression is to get the multiplier up since the fuel reserve that's awarded to you at the end of each stage is based on that (Essentially your score is multiplied by the multiplier, with the total then used to calculate how much reserve fuel is awarded).

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » December 27th, 2021, 7:12 pm

The SNES version of Smash TV definitely set a high bar. I'm a MASSIVE fan of Smash TV. I can clear the arcade game on one credit. I find myself gravitating towards my arcade cabinet when I want to play it. That said, in terms of console ports, I generally like playing the NES port because of it's fast action. The Genesis port IMO isn't nearly as bad as people say it is. Using 2 of the joystick controllers makes it a pretty good romp. Although not as good as the SNES port.

Return to “Review Feedback”