2022/7/10: Arcadia 2001: Grand Slam Tennis, Horse Racing

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
ASalvaro

Re: 2022/7/10: Arcadia 2001: Grand Slam Tennis, Horse Racing

Postby ASalvaro » July 13th, 2022, 4:51 pm

i was huge into video games when the Arcadia 2001 came out and i never even seen it once in stores and i used to go to a lot of them back then...i only seen some mention of it in Electronic Games but thats about it..it must have been a very limited release

icepeople

Re: 2022/7/10: Arcadia 2001: Grand Slam Tennis, Horse Racing

Postby icepeople » July 14th, 2022, 1:00 am

Amazing in its way because horse racing was one of the easiest games you could program in BASIC on computers of the late 70s and 80s, even if you included animation (lo-res admittedly) and all the various betting options. That could be squeezed into 4K of RAM. With 16K you could have a database of horses with past results (real-world, made-up or random) and those of any races run in the program, and save it to tape or disk.

ASalvaro wrote:As race horse owners in the late 70s and early 80s we bought whatever horse race games were available..back then there were a lot of table top horse race games..the sole reason my dad bought me the Intellivision was because it had a horse racing game which was great and we played for hours..the Arcadia horse racing game looks pretty decent and i had never seen it before your review and had it came out before the Intellivision version we probably would have bought an Arcadia..you wouldn't believe how many people in the racing industry bought an Intellivision just because of that game

Return to “Review Feedback”