2022/9/3: Nintendo Switch: Mario Strikers: Battle League, Windjammers 2

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2022/9/3: Nintendo Switch: Mario Strikers: Battle League, Windjammers 2

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 3rd, 2022, 9:49 am

Here's two more from the Summer Game's Clearing House.

I was sure Mario Strikers was going to be a hit, but as my friends pointed out "especially for a Mario game" it's a bit of a disappointment. Not terrible by any means but not great either.

It occurred to me that Windjammer 2 was just a vehicle to get the game "across all platforms" so they can make some money off of the franchise. Fair enough.

Thoughts? Let's hear em.

Paul Campbell

Re: 2022/9/3: Nintendo Switch: Mario Strikers: Battle League, Windjammers 2

Postby Paul Campbell » September 4th, 2022, 1:24 am

So interesting to read your review of the new Strikers game. All my kids and I were counting down the day that we could play a Strikers game with the vibrant visuals that the Switch offers over the Wii. We STILL play it on my Wii a few times a month because it is always guaranteed to be a wild time.

We gathered around the living room to play the new one the night I got it, vibrating with excitement.

That was the day after release. We haven't touched it once since, and I just realized nobody has asked about it.

You're right. It's not terrible, but it's not memorable either.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » September 4th, 2022, 8:35 am

When the Windjammers port can along, I thought, “who asked for this?” Now that they invested time in a full sequel, I’m really wondering. And I don’t mean that as a knock on Windjammers- just that I didn’t think anyone had heard of it other than it’s small cult following of Neo Geo owners. But maybe I’m wrong. Either way, I didn’t learn of the game until reading your Neo Geo review, and so I bought it for the system. To be honest, it hasn’t gotten much play from me or anyone else on my MVS cab. I also bought the port on PS4, and barely played that. I think they’re solid games, but not enough to try out the sequel. Enjoyed reading about it though!

P.S. If you enjoy Windjammers, check out Flip Shot and Bang Bead on the Neo Geo. They are very similar games, and some argue they’re better. I think I prefer Bang Bead, but close call. They appear on many multicarts, so check for em!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 5th, 2022, 2:48 pm

I heard bad things about this Mario soccer game. It looked odd and average. It is not good to see it getting a review such as this but I guess that is what it deserves.

Return to “Review Feedback”