2022/9/5: Super Nintendo: Dig & Spike Volleyball, Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2022/9/5: Super Nintendo: Dig & Spike Volleyball, Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 5th, 2022, 7:40 pm

I think this is my final set of summer-themed reviews. Hard to finish these because the games were so bad!

Let's hear your thoughts and opinions.

Zack Burner

Re: 2022/9/5: Super Nintendo: Dig & Spike Volleyball, Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow

Postby Zack Burner » September 5th, 2022, 8:41 pm

Alright, Maui Mallard review at last! I recall having fun with that one, though I think the D- is a bit harsh. I will admit that there are some gameplay faults such as Donald moving a little too fast for control and action, especially in the underwater stage where you have to shoot in the opposite direction to move forward. There were some good moments such as the Muddrake Mayhem stage, the bungee jumping part, the underwater part with the ghostly pirate head, and the final battle itself. Least favorite moments were the ninja training grounds boss, the volcano, and the climb to the top in the realm of the dead stage. I do wholeheartedly agree the production values are sky high, artistic, and the jazzy soundtrack is great.

txsizzler

Re: 2022/9/5: Super Nintendo: Dig & Spike Volleyball, Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow

Postby txsizzler » September 5th, 2022, 10:21 pm

I am surprised you didn’t use the “hotties” icon on it the volleyball game!

Great reviews! Although I have never played Maui Mallard, given it’s faults, I would have probably gone with an “F” rating.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » September 8th, 2022, 8:59 pm

The Critic mentioned Darkwing Duck on TG-16, well there's another Darkwing Duck game on NES that surprisingly the better game, in fact you get 3 choices of ammo for a shooter, ability to cling onto some things, and block projectiles with your cape! I'll be looking forward to a review of that game sometime soon, since I happen to be a fan of the show it's based upon.

Return to “Review Feedback”