Sega 3D Glasses review

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Sega 3D Glasses review

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 5th, 2022, 9:19 pm

Setting up this thread to discuss my Sega 3D Glasses review.

https://videogamecritic.com/extras/revi ... lasses.htm

Who do you think?

ASalvaro

Re: Sega 3D Glasses review

Postby ASalvaro » September 5th, 2022, 9:44 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Setting up this thread to discuss my Sega 3D Glasses review.

https://videogamecritic.com/extras/revi ... lasses.htm

Who do you think?

great review! back in the day i had these when they were released and thought they were pretty awesome

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » September 6th, 2022, 2:19 am

I always wondered if these were gimmicky or if they added a good effect. Good to hear that they work better than expected. I've wanted a pair of these for like 10+ years, but I've never pulled the trigger. Your recent Outrun review had me looking again. Funny enough, I was at a gaming convention earlier this month and finding these 3D glasses was #1 on my shopping list. Unfortunately I didn't get as lucky as you did at the Philly Classic. Still searching..

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » September 6th, 2022, 3:48 pm

Nice, but I'd also like some info on what kind of television you need to be able to use it. Only CRT or does it also work on newer tv screens?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 6th, 2022, 5:38 pm

CaptainCruch wrote:Nice, but I'd also like some info on what kind of television you need to be able to use it. Only CRT or does it also work on newer tv screens?

Wow, that's a good question. I've never hooked my Master System up to an HDTV. Maybe someone else has?

envytomdead

Postby envytomdead » September 6th, 2022, 8:37 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:
CaptainCruch wrote:Nice, but I'd also like some info on what kind of television you need to be able to use it. Only CRT or does it also work on newer tv screens?

Wow, that's a good question. I've never hooked my Master System up to an HDTV. Maybe someone else has?

No, they do not work on modern flat screens.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » September 11th, 2022, 9:18 pm

Interesting hack- I just learned that any 3D shutter glasses should work with the Master System, as long as you have the adapter. So you don’t need the official Sega glasses. The adapter is easier to find on ebay, since the glasses usually break first. So I bought a $25 Master System adapter and $30 shutter glasses. Cheaper than the $75-$100 for the real thing. I have a few of the 3D games, so I’ll try to report back on how well it works.

Return to “Review Feedback”