2022/9/11: Playstation: Jersey Devil, Surf Riders

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2022/9/11: Playstation: Jersey Devil, Surf Riders

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 11th, 2022, 11:36 am

These reviews transition nicely from summer to fall.

Surf Riders is new, and Jersey Devil is a 10-year update (same grade). Jersey is remarkably playable, and really appealing this time of year.

Let's get some feedback!

Retro STrife

Re: 2022/9/11: Playstation: Jersey Devil, Surf Riders

Postby Retro STrife » September 11th, 2022, 10:06 pm

This Jersey Devil guy always reminds me of Aero the Acrobat.. Enjoyed the review. Jersey Devil was a PS1 platformer I missed out on, but always interested me. Great first paragraph by you- we get a Noid reference and a link to a Wikipedia article for a NJ urban legend. X-Files did an episode about the Jersey Devil legend.

Since you resorted to a Croc reference at the end, I figured I’d throw out a couple recommendations for 3D platformers on PS1 you may want to try. Ape Escape is often considered in the same league with Crash and Spyro, or better, and back in the day it had some of the best reviews of any game on the PS1. (I was underwhelmed with the demo, so I never played the game myself.) Gex 2: Enter the Gecko is also a solid option on PS1, with a good sense of humor. I have a soft spot for it, since it was the first 3D platformer I ever played. It’s a 3D game, unlike the original Gex.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » September 11th, 2022, 10:59 pm

Love seeing offbeat PlayStation games like Surf Riders reviewed! I've never heard of it, never played it, but now if I fire it up i'll have a sense of the game and even a bit of strategy. Thanks for these.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » September 12th, 2022, 12:13 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:...an actual creature that has been terrorizing southern New Jersey non-stop for over 100 years...

Oh, come on, Critic - they haven't been playing hockey up there for that long!

Still my favorite NHL team name, hands down. Also gets my vote for most clever.

Jersey Devil had a pretty good TV ad. Never played it, but that commercial has stuck with me for 20+ years.

Return to “Review Feedback”