VGC - Thanks

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
MSR1701

VGC - Thanks

Postby MSR1701 » September 16th, 2022, 7:21 am

All these years and this site is still being updated and continues to amuse and inform.

Thank you for what you do, VGC/Dave!

- MSR

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: VGC - Thanks

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 16th, 2022, 10:50 am

Thank you for the sentiments MSR! It's my pleasure as always.

Sometimes it does occur to me "does anybody still read this stuff?" I mean, I know you guys on the message boards, and I have about 2K social media followers. Seems pretty modest but then again I don't promote my site or check my analytics.

Most people - especially young ones - would look for info on old video games by heading over to YouTube to watch a video instead. Can't say I blame them, but I think there's something to be said for these short capsule reviews.

Frankly I think I run this site just as much for my personal edification. It's a good hobby. And there's also something to be said for staying under the radar, as I don't catch any flack if I say something stupid or incorrect.

jon

Postby jon » September 16th, 2022, 5:25 pm

I echo the sentiments. The Neo Geo section is spectacular. I've noticed there's barely anyone on the internet with a great Neo Geo section anymore, and even less this comprehensive. And many games on other systems I've been fond of have been reviewed. There's still a lot of interesting games in my opinion left for the VGC to review.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » September 16th, 2022, 7:26 pm

Thanks for all you do and not changing the layout..because its absolutly perfect and easy to read...some sites use HUGE fonts now and are loaded with ads and pop ups and are a chore to read..but not this site! i've been reading the same reviews over and over for years and still love them

SuperiorShark

Postby SuperiorShark » September 16th, 2022, 7:49 pm

I think I'm a bit younger than most of the readers of this website, but I love it. It reminds me of the internet I used to remember, and besides, where else can you find so much information about the Philips CD-i :lol:

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » September 16th, 2022, 9:39 pm

Thank you so much Critic! You have created one of my all time favorite gaming sites, and this is definitely one of the top 3 online communities I've ever been part of. And seeing as how the other two have been dead for years, I'm so happy this one has continued to survive well into modern times!

DocHix

Postby DocHix » September 16th, 2022, 10:01 pm

My very favorite video game related site...always extremely well written with just the right balance of facts to humor. I look forward to checking in each day and I never get tired of reading the stories people share about their memories relating to classic systems/games. Thanks, Critic, for making it possible!

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » September 17th, 2022, 8:54 am

Thanks for sure. You'd be hard-pressed to find any website updated routinely for nearly 25 years, period.. let alone one run by 1 guy who isn't paid. There's thousands of dead pages for every one like this. You may be crazy for doing it, but we're right here with you. This is the only video game site I visit, and it feels like almost 20 years now, and my collection of games is built largely on your recommendations. Definitely very grateful for that. I mean, who else is going to tell us what 3DO games are a must play? Our Saturday afternoons are in your hands.. If you miss a hidden gem, we all miss the hidden gem. So remember, no vacations, no breaks allowed, until every game is reviewed..

charlie

Postby charlie » September 17th, 2022, 9:18 am

I found the site in 2014 when I was searching for reviews on Genesis games to try out. Great historical resource, and I check every few days and read every new review too. Keep it up VGC, it's appreciated!

RDReynolds

Postby RDReynolds » September 17th, 2022, 7:54 pm

I echo the comments here. I’ve loved this site for last 20 years and will be here God permitting for the next 20 as well!

Return to “Review Feedback”