7/31/2007: Playstation 2: Metal Slug Anthology, Taito Legends 2

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 1st, 2007, 11:25 pm

[QUOTE=a]

I'm sorry Critic, but you can't complain about the Metal Slug Wii controls when the game gives you the option of playing with just buttons. I know you have a Gamecube controller.

[/QUOTE]

I can when the Wii version doesn't support the digital pad on the Gamecube controller!  What were they thinking??

Tourian

Postby Tourian » August 1st, 2007, 11:42 pm

So is there any reason to buy the PS1 version of Ray Storm now? 

I had been meaning to, especially since I like to collect Working Designs games, but if it is totally antiquated now, I guess I don't need to throw my money away.

a1

Postby a1 » August 2nd, 2007, 12:39 am

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]

I can when the Wii version doesn't support the digital pad on the Gamecube controller!  What were they thinking??
[/QUOTE]

I think they realized that the Gamecube d-pad is the worst d-pad in gaming history, and decided the joystick would be better. Nonetheless, it's a valid point.

zenzerotron

Postby zenzerotron » August 4th, 2007, 3:26 pm

Mr Tourian.......

The PSone version of Raystorm has an exclusive "extra:" mode.

It's basically a remix of the arcade game. You get a different ending, some minor graphics tweaks, and some bosses are very different.

It's nothing drastic, but I'd say if you love this game and you're into collecting Working Designs games, this extra mode makes it worth owning if you already have Taito Legends 2.

BTW...Growl rules. I paid a pretty penny for the Genesis version years ago. It was one of my favorite arcade games when I was younger, and it was a huge personal treat for me, to have an arcade perfect version of it with TL2.

riftt

Postby riftt » August 5th, 2007, 1:45 am

I just discovered something really weird today and wanted to get confirmation.  I popped in the first Taito Legends to use with some new joysticks I picked up earlier this month and was perturbed to discover that the game doesn't recognize either of them! I had previously logged many hours on TL using my MAS stick which I believe uses a dual shock pcb, but my two new joysticks, an old namco 6-button and the neo geo stick 3 both seem to not, and thus arent even recognized by the game!  I have never before encountered a PS2 game that does not recognize a ps1 controller as even being plugged into the port.  Has anyone else had noticed this?

Leo Ames

Postby Leo Ames » August 5th, 2007, 4:23 am

Some PS2 games require a Dual Shock compatible controller to be plugged in. So if these controllers are only digital, not analog, that is likely the reason.

Other consoles do it to, like Sonic Gems Collection for the GameCube won't work with a Hori digital controller (Or any digital only controller).

Tourian

Postby Tourian » August 5th, 2007, 3:39 pm

[QUOTE=zenzerotron]Mr Tourian.......

The PSone version of Raystorm has an exclusive "extra:" mode.

It's basically a remix of the arcade game. You get a different ending, some minor graphics tweaks, and some bosses are very different.

It's nothing drastic, but I'd say if you love this game and you're into collecting Working Designs games, this extra mode makes it worth owning if you already have Taito Legends 2.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info Mr. Tron.  You're a gentleman, and a scholar.

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » August 5th, 2007, 9:25 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]
Would you guys like me to go back and post a letter grade for each game?
[/QUOTE] That would be awesome!  I'd love to see how the gems compared to the dogs.  Thanks much,

Bud

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » August 7th, 2007, 2:01 pm

WOW! AWESOME! I never thought I'd find it, but I grabbed Taito Legends 2 at wally mart today for $14.99!!!! Considering I paid more than that for just ONE game on here(Darius G) in the past, this disc is the number one best bargain in gaming history (if you dig 2-D games)! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

A+++++!

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » January 16th, 2008, 3:37 pm

I am still playing my copy of Taito legends 2.  I loved lunar rescue but then again I did play it back in 79.  Same for crazy balloon and this is the reason I bought the compilation. 

Return to “Review Feedback”