2007/12/10: Playstation: Jurassic Park: Warpath, KISS Pinball

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 10th, 2007, 4:55 pm

For those who enjoy reading reviews of bad games, these are for you!

Viper821

Postby Viper821 » December 10th, 2007, 9:04 pm

Keep 'em coming Critic. Nothing for fun that reading reviews for terrible games! I was thinking to myself "There's no way the Critic can give KISS pinball a better score, can he?" No suprises there, as it is one awful excuse of a pinball game.

Before reading the Warpath review, I immediately thought "that's a cheap Primal Rage ripoff if I ever saw one". My instinct was clearly spot on!

Paul

Postby Paul » December 10th, 2007, 11:21 pm

I'm the one who suggested about the KISS CD!  Thinking back on it I remember that the noises DO tend to hurt the music too much for its own good.  As a matter of fact when it came time to streamline my collection this was the first to go! (Second to go was the dreadful "KISS Psycho Circus" for the Dreamcast.)  KISS fan or not it's pointless to own trash that you won't enjoy.  Keep 'em coming!

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » December 11th, 2007, 12:51 am

I don't really see the logic behind the "you can use a KISS CD for the soundtrack" statement - if it has the KISS license, and uses the CD medium, it should have the music too, dammit - KISS is a band, bands are about music. Not having the music is inexcusable. Since the gameplay apparantly sucks too, why can't you just pop in a KISS CD and play some Windows Pinball?

DigitalSpace

Postby DigitalSpace » December 15th, 2007, 12:01 am

Yeah, KISS Pinball is terrible.  The only reason I still own it is because I collect console pinball games (this is also the only reason I still own Pinball Tycoon for GBA, which is just slightly less terrible).

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » January 13th, 2008, 6:12 pm

[QUOTE=Paul]I'm the one who suggested about the KISS CD! (Second to go was the dreadful "KISS Psycho Circus" for the Dreamcast.) 
[/QUOTE]

I had the Kiss Pinball game and it was dreadful.

Kiss Psycho Circus on the DC was great... the best game on the system   A+

and it featured kiss music... from Kiss......

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » January 14th, 2008, 12:31 pm

Refresh my memory; wasn't there more than one REAL Kiss Pinball machine back in the 70/80's?

Anyone here remember watching the KISS-PSYCHO CIRCUS TV special?
My memory is hazy, the one thing I can recall is thinking WHOA, those guys can sing but ACT they cannot! No amount of tounge can save that!

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » January 14th, 2008, 2:54 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]Refresh my memory; wasn't there more than one REAL Kiss Pinball machine back in the 70/80's?

Anyone here remember watching the KISS-PSYCHO CIRCUS TV special?
My memory is hazy, the one thing I can recall is thinking WHOA, those guys can sing but ACT they cannot! No amount of tounge can save that![/QUOTE]

KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park (1978) (TV).... it was awesome but I am a kiss fan.  It might not have been so good if I wasnt....

Yeah there was a kiss pinball produced by bally in '79.  Arcade history suggests that there are two other titles but they do not have any details.

Return to “Review Feedback”