2007/12/23: Wii: Code Lyoko: Quest For Infinity, Geometry Wars Galaxies

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » December 27th, 2007, 8:31 am

[QUOTE=MigAlley]

I think you should base the game on the Wii/Nunchuck controls. I don't think you should have to have a different controller to fully enjoy a game for any system. As far as I am concerned no game can be an "A" if  you have to play it with a controller that doesn't come with the system. This game is great...just go spend $20 on a different controller to fully enjoy it. Nintendo really knows how to fleece people.
[/QUOTE]
I actually hope Mig doesn't leave.  Of late, I've noticed a real effort on his part to be more civil and offer real criticism. 
In particular I am in full agreement with the above.  If, in order to enjoy the game, you need to spend more money on another controller, it should not be graded using the other controller (unless the other controller comes with it at a lower price like DK Bongos for example).  If there is a mass distributed Galaxies pack for $40 with the retro controller packed in, then that is fair to rate it with that controller.  Otherwise, default only please.

As to people saying that because the Critic is saying Geometry Wars is the best thing on the 360 then he must be on crack, I've heard it's a blend of Asteroids and Robotron.  If that is a good description, I have trouble not believing it the best game on any system ever.  Sorry if not everyone thinks Gears of War is better than a fast new arcade game.  But then, I was playing Mario Galaxy and Halo 3 yesterday, and I'd trade them both for a new Williams pinball game.  No disrespect intended for either game, as they're both fine games, but my allegiance is to arcade games.  See, I'm not a girl.

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » December 27th, 2007, 9:21 am

Wow the nintendo wii got Geometry wars... a very average retro game from x box live ... I bought it on live unplugged and enjoyed it initially but went off it and have not played it for a year.  Its a 5/10 game in terms of a good game on the 360. 
The niny gets it at full price.... err..... it cost £4 on live and is part of a five game package costing £20. So to see this title for $40 does seem to be a bit to expensive.  Considering

Edward M

Postby Edward M » December 31st, 2007, 10:33 am

I got Geometry Wars Galaxies for Wii and its my second favorite Wii game behind Mario Galaxy.   People, quit saying this game is a ripoff because its 35 more dollars than the 360 version.   This game is so much more.  It includes the original Geometry Wars game, but it also includes a new campaign mode which is really long and really fun.   Basically there are dosens of different levels you go to that have different enemies, and different level designs.   Some have traps that can give you 20 million point combos, and some have weird gravity effects.   You could spend dozens of hours trying to get the gold medals on each level.  This game is a  shooter with a ton of replay value, certainly much more than the 360 version.  This game easy has as much depth as any full price game.  Not only that its more fun than most full price games. It is certainly worth the 40 bucks.

Also I understand why critic thinks the original Geometery wars is the best 360 game.  While its not a game you could play for 8 hours straight like Halo or Mass Effect,  Its a game you will always want to come back to.   Its simple, but is incredibly well designed, and is a perfect hyper LSD version of Asteroids

Funkmaster V

Postby Funkmaster V » December 31st, 2007, 11:04 am

Every time there is a good score for a Wii game, everybody goes nuts on the boards. What is with the Nintendo HATE fest on this site? People claim this board is a Wii-freak site, but most of the regulars love games from all systems. We talk about Atari, 3DO, Xbox and beyond. We love fun games.

Let's face it, the Wii has some interesting stuff coming down the tubes. New ways to play games. Some of it is garbage. Some of it is gold. Either way, it's fun for a game lover to own the system to experience the good and the bad. It's part retro, part innovation.

I like the 360, but the best games are first person shooters, RPGs, and sports games. I've played those for 20 years. If someone goes ape-crap for a game you don't like, so what?

The VGC said Geometry Wars was arguably one of the best Xbox 360 games. He wasn't slighting the library! He thinks its a great game! Read his reviews, he loves almost every game on the system.

Chill, people.
Funkmaster V

feilong801

Postby feilong801 » December 31st, 2007, 1:12 pm

[QUOTE=Funkmaster V]Every time there is a good score for a Wii game, everybody goes nuts on the boards. What is with the Nintendo HATE fest on this site? People claim this board is a Wii-freak site, but most of the regulars love games from all systems. We talk about Atari, 3DO, Xbox and beyond. We love fun games.

Let's face it, the Wii has some interesting stuff coming down the tubes. New ways to play games. Some of it is garbage. Some of it is gold. Either way, it's fun for a game lover to own the system to experience the good and the bad. It's part retro, part innovation.

I like the 360, but the best games are first person shooters, RPGs, and sports games. I've played those for 20 years. If someone goes ape-crap for a game you don't like, so what?

The VGC said Geometry Wars was arguably one of the best Xbox 360 games. He wasn't slighting the library! He thinks its a great game! Read his reviews, he loves almost every game on the system.

Chill, people.
Funkmaster V
[/QUOTE]

Edited for truth!

Spot on Funk. It isn't so much Wii love here as it is some variance of this:

"I love this game on Wii!"

"No, You are WRONG!"

then flame war.

-Rob

Anonymous Prime

Postby Anonymous Prime » January 1st, 2008, 6:35 pm

Im sick of this sites geometric shape lovefest. im done, im all done.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » January 1st, 2008, 6:46 pm

From what I've played of Geometry Wars Galaxies in the last couple days (since I bought it after the Critic's review), if the original wasn't the best game on the 360, apparently there's a game that rewards you with real gold somewhere on the 360.  It's so much like Robotron it's sick!  Screw anyone who thinks Halo 3, or Bioshock, (or Mario Galaxy for that matter) or whatever beats Robotron or Galaxy Wars.  They don't.  Don't get me wrong, those big console titles are good games... for babies.  Girl babies.  Geometry Wars on the other hand is an actual videogame.  You know, the things gamers used to play.

Anonymous Prime

Postby Anonymous Prime » January 2nd, 2008, 1:59 am

[QUOTE=Atarifever]From what I've played of Geometry Wars Galaxies in the last couple days (since I bought it after the Critic's review), if the original wasn't the best game on the 360, apparently there's a game that rewards you with real gold somewhere on the 360.  It's so much like Robotron it's sick!  Screw anyone who thinks Halo 3, or Bioshock, (or Mario Galaxy for that matter) or whatever beats Robotron or Galaxy Wars.  They don't.  Don't get me wrong, those big console titles are good games... for babies.  Girl babies.  Geometry Wars on the other hand is an actual videogame.  You know, the things gamers used to play.
[/QUOTE]

yet nolan bushnell, of old game land, opens chucky cheese, the happy-go-lucky kid land. YAAAY TWISTED LOGIC
XD

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » January 2nd, 2008, 9:58 am

the nintendo hate stems from the fact that 'hardcore' gamers are being pushed to the margins in favor of simplistic games that do not push graphics (and prices).

i take satisfaction in the collective reaction, as the term 'hardcore' was stolen in the mid 90's from the people that were extremely skilled in 2D fighting and classic arcade games. those days will not come back, but now you know how it feels to be marginalized.

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » January 2nd, 2008, 10:32 am

[QUOTE=Anonymous Prime]yet nolan bushnell, of old game land, opens chucky cheese, the happy-go-lucky kid land. YAAAY TWISTED LOGIC
XD
[/QUOTE]
Nolan Bushnell was a hack and a thief.  The videogame industry would be exactly the same had he not existed.  He stole an idea that helped push an industry that was an inevitability regardless.

Return to “Review Feedback”