2008/5/26: Playstation 3: Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 26th, 2008, 3:02 pm

I am head over heels in love with this golf game.  Feel free to leave your comments.

Chaser1

Postby Chaser1 » May 26th, 2008, 5:07 pm

I just wish I could play it. Tiger Woods is one of the weakest sports franchises in existence, so Hot Shots sounds like just the game I'd want. The 3-click meter is icing on the cake for me--I still can't get the hang of the damn analog swing. Alas, I own a 360. Oh well, I can still dream about Links I guess.

Luke

Postby Luke » May 27th, 2008, 2:49 am

I highly enjoyed playing Hot Shots Golf 3 on my PS2. So maybe someday I'll get the chance to check this one out.

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » May 27th, 2008, 11:54 am

Dave, I was on the fence about the PS3 "HSG" game because I already own (and regularly play) all previous "HSG" games.  Heck, the PSP version of "HSG" is the game that's permanently in the system and every other PSP game I own or buy has to prove itself worthy of me taking the "HSG" disc off the PSP for me to consider playing.  I'll pay you the best complement I can give a videogame critic Dave: you've convinced me to buy this game.  I might even do it online with the review's link so that you get a partial residual from the sale.  How's that for a hole in one?

andrew

Postby andrew » May 27th, 2008, 3:59 pm

[QUOTE=Chaser]I just wish I could play it. Tiger Woods is one of the weakest sports franchises in existence, so Hot Shots sounds like just the game I'd want. The 3-click meter is icing on the cake for me--I still can't get the hang of the damn analog swing. Alas, I own a 360. Oh well, I can still dream about Links I guess.
[/QUOTE]

I just played Tiger Woods 08 and I'm at a loss on how the analog system works. I think I'm gong to hit a beauty shot and it keeps going into the trees or out of bounds. Putting was even worse. By comparison oddly enough, the analog system in Cybertiger on the n64 works beautifully. I have to agree that the three click meter is still the best way to go though.

Return to “Review Feedback”