2/2/2006: Playstation: Batman Gotham City Racer, Cool Boarders 4

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 2nd, 2006, 5:38 pm

Share your thoughts here.

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » February 2nd, 2006, 6:27 pm

Five PSOne games in less than two days (four of them 'Cool Boarders' snowboarding games)?  You must be clearing out inventory in time for a Spring makeover!  I actually bought 'Gotham City Racer' when it came out thinking that, if the Sega CD could do a fun racing game back in the mid-90's, then UbiSoft could surely do a decent one for the more advanced PlayStation.  Should have known better.  This game is to the PSOne what 'Air Cars' is to the Atari Jaguar: the anti-thesis of what fun videogames should be like.  The game sold for only $29.95 new back then and I would have gladly paid $40 for someone to punch my lights out before going into the store so I wouldn't buy this piece of crap.  Oh well, live and learn I guess!

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » February 2nd, 2006, 8:36 pm

[QUOTE=J.M. Vargas]

This game is to the PSOne what 'Air Cars' is to the Atari Jaguar: the anti-thesis of what fun videogames should be like.

[/QUOTE]
Is Jag Air Cars based on a Windows 3.1 (that's my overarchig name for games I played on my old 386) game of the same name?  Because I loved a computer game that had these little futuristic cars jumping chasams to try to reach a finish line.  There was no fighting or anything, just attempts at expertly timing your jumps.  I believe it was called Air Cars, but I could be wrong. 

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » February 3rd, 2006, 5:38 am

Hey, AF, I VAUGELY remember getting that game you are talking about as a preview on an old magazine CD-ROM-cant remember the name either or even if it was WIN or DOS, but I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with that abysml Jag "game". The jag game is more like "bumper cars from hell".

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » February 3rd, 2006, 7:54 am

[QUOTE=Alienblue]Hey, AF, I VAUGELY remember getting that game you are talking about as a preview on an old magazine CD-ROM-cant remember the name either or even if it was WIN or DOS, but I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with that abysml Jag "game". The jag game is more like "bumper cars from hell". [/QUOTE]
Well, I looked at it on ataritimes and Jag Air Cars is not the game I remember.  Also, I assume it really does suck, as the guy at Ataritimes gave it a 41%.  He's very forgiving of Jag games generally, so that means it really must suck.

Koopa Warrior

Postby Koopa Warrior » February 3rd, 2006, 3:58 pm

Cool Boarders 4 rules!

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » February 3rd, 2006, 4:14 pm

Hmm....AF, does CYBERCARS ring a bell? (it does if you stick the disc on the clapper, of course...). Just going through my CD/DOS collection and that was the closest I found. Sure LOOKS like aircars, crappy polygons and all. No, it wont run on my new PC of course ):

Atarifever1

Postby Atarifever1 » February 3rd, 2006, 10:01 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]Hmm....AF, does CYBERCARS ring a bell? (it does if you stick the disc on the clapper, of course...). Just going through my CD/DOS collection and that was the closest I found. Sure LOOKS like aircars, crappy polygons and all. No, it wont run on my new PC of course ): [/QUOTE]
Nope, that's not it.  But a link I followed while searching led me to what I was thinking of: "Sky Roads".  Yeah, so that's not close to "Air Cars" and I was way off.  Hey, and it's for download there.   Let's take a look....

Okay, I've played it for a little, and I realize that my reflexes were much better when I was a kid.  I suck at this now. 

Return to “Review Feedback”