2008/10/10: Xbox 360: Pure

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 10th, 2008, 5:35 pm

I like games like this one.  Share your thoughts about the review.

Sudz1

Postby Sudz1 » October 12th, 2008, 11:23 am

One thing I really didn't think of until I read this review Dave was that, yes, it's nice that the tricks are so easy to pull off (catch air, hit one of three button, push thumbstick in whichever direction you wish) but the downside is that there are a very limited number of tricks you can do.  Unlike Tony Hawk, where you can see dozens of different tricks because there are so many different combos of buttons and stuff to do them, with only three buttons and four directions you've pretty much seen every trick at least once by the time you've finished your third track.  After that it's the same old tricks you've seen and done before over and over.
Sudz

JasonhasRSI1

Postby JasonhasRSI1 » October 12th, 2008, 12:29 pm

As it is critical to vary up your tricks to maximize boost reward, there's more to the trick system than just three buttons and a direction on the analog stick. First of all, you can modify ("tweak") any of the tricks with the LB/RB/L1/R1 buttons, effectively doubling the number of tricks you started with. Second, you can add flips and link together tricks into combos by double tapping on the analog stick. Finally, there was no mention in the review of the "special trick" feature - if you max out your boost bar, you get temporary unlimited boost and access to a bunch of special tricks (activated by hitting both bumpers in midair) -- if you successfully execute a special trick, you automatically replenish your entire boost bar and get another special trick. Stringing these together is super-addictive - similar to chaining burnouts in Burnout - and seems to be the key to winning the tougher events.

Just in case some people wanted some more info about the game.

Return to “Review Feedback”