3/19/2006: Colecovision: Cosmic Avenger, Tapper, Venture

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 19th, 2006, 11:12 am

Post your thoughts here.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » March 19th, 2006, 2:27 pm

I can't post my THOUGHTS, man, they are invisable, like on the spirtual plane, like heavy, you know? Oh wow...

Ok. I am very glad you gave a higher score to Cosmic Avenger. I loved this game, although the graphics look bad,it should be noted it is almost IDENTICAL to the Universal Arcade game released at that time-check it out on mame; only difference in graphics is some multi-colored missles. Audio is identical. And the scrolling is choppy in the coin-op too, and not as bad as ZAXXON on Colecovision. The trick I use to get through this game (the coin-op is actually harder then level #3) is to go as fast as you can through the city levels, bombing and shooting constantly-you should only have to dodge two saucers that way. Then SLOW DOWN when you reach the plains/underwater levels to go for the points. The city gets really hard really fast and is not worth it. My pet birds LOVE this game, the chirping sounds drive them nuts!

I Have to say that Venture, too, is almost identical to the aracde game INCLUDING THE CRUMMY CONTROLS! They simply translated the bad controls to this version-the Exidy machine was so awful the aiming sticks were often physically broken. And the coin-op only has 12 rooms, too, which was a lot of different boards at the time.....I mean, Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac Man, Kangaroo- the standard number of boards the was FOUR so 12 is quite a lot!

Never played the CV Tapper;that is one of only about 8 CV games I do not own. (I have the Atari 2600 version which I love). Oh-and thanks for reveiwing CV games on my birthday, Dave!

Koopa Warrior

Postby Koopa Warrior » March 19th, 2006, 6:41 pm

[QUOTE=Alienblue]I can't post my THOUGHTS, man, they are invisable, like on the spirtual plane, like heavy, you know? Oh wow...

Ok. I am very glad you gave a higher score to Cosmic Avenger. I loved this game, although the graphics look bad,it should be noted it is almost IDENTICAL to the Universal Arcade game released at that time-check it out on mame; only difference in graphics is some multi-colored missles. Audio is identical. And the scrolling is choppy in the coin-op too, and not as bad as ZAXXON on Colecovision. The trick I use to get through this game (the coin-op is actually harder then level #3) is to go as fast as you can through the city levels, bombing and shooting constantly-you should only have to dodge two saucers that way. Then SLOW DOWN when you reach the plains/underwater levels to go for the points. The city gets really hard really fast and is not worth it. My pet birds LOVE this game, the chirping sounds drive them nuts!

I Have to say that Venture, too, is almost identical to the aracde game INCLUDING THE CRUMMY CONTROLS! They simply translated the bad controls to this version-the Exidy machine was so awful the aiming sticks were often physically broken. And the coin-op only has 12 rooms, too, which was a lot of different boards at the time.....I mean, Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac Man, Kangaroo- the standard number of boards the was FOUR so 12 is quite a lot!

Never played the CV Tapper;that is one of only about 8 CV games I do not own. (I have the Atari 2600 version which I love). Oh-and thanks for reveiwing CV games on my birthday, Dave!
[/QUOTE]

Happy Birthday, Alienblue! As a present, why don't you treat yourself to buying The Rub Rabbits!

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » March 20th, 2006, 1:47 pm

...my birthday came and went with only this one person saying Happy birthday! Oh well, thanks....wish I could buy Rub Rabbits but the person who was GOING to buy it for my via internet had to leave town and I have no credit card; no store here has it. I
will ask my e-freind.

At least I made 40! I wasn't expected to still be here gaming.
I should be in Hell, playing SATANS HOLLOW. Although sometimes
this life seems like 7734.

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » March 23rd, 2006, 2:36 pm

Alienblue.........all I can offer is my gaming advice.........

I bought Rub Rabbits almost a month ago, and it's not all that it's cracked up to be. It's a "Mega Man sequal"..you know.......exactly like the previous game before it, yet less creative, less inspired, and less fun. I don't think we'll see a Feel The Magic 3 because it seems like the programmers really ran out of ideas about half way through Rub Rabbits. Most of the mini-games are too simple, short, and boring. The only good mini-games on it are simply re-decorated ripp off's of the previous mini-games from Feel The Magic.

I got both Tetris DS and Super Princess Peach a couple of days ago and I'm very pleased with both games so far.

Honestly, when you said you went to Walmart looking for Rub Rabbits and only saw Super Princess Peach, you should have bought SPP and forgot about Rub Rabbits for the time being.

For what it's worth, I think you'd REALLY love Tetris DS. Not only does it do Tetris justice(it's not a cheap exploitation game like Tetris Worlds), but the whole game seems to be an NES tribute. What do I mean by NES tribute?? Buy the game and have your heart strings tugged...mine have been tugged pretty fierce.

Koopa W.

Postby Koopa W. » March 23rd, 2006, 10:28 pm

[QUOTE=Zenzerotron]Alienblue.........all I can offer is my gaming advice.........

I bought Rub Rabbits almost a month ago, and it's not all that it's cracked up to be. It's a "Mega Man sequal"..you know.......exactly like the previous game before it, yet less creative, less inspired, and less fun. I don't think we'll see a Feel The Magic 3 because it seems like the programmers really ran out of ideas about half way through Rub Rabbits. Most of the mini-games are too simple, short, and boring. The only good mini-games on it are simply re-decorated ripp off's of the previous mini-games from Feel The Magic.

I got both Tetris DS and Super Princess Peach a couple of days ago and I'm very pleased with both games so far.

Honestly, when you said you went to Walmart looking for Rub Rabbits and only saw Super Princess Peach, you should have bought SPP and forgot about Rub Rabbits for the time being.

For what it's worth, I think you'd REALLY love Tetris DS. Not only does it do Tetris justice(it's not a cheap exploitation game like Tetris Worlds), but the whole game seems to be an NES tribute. What do I mean by NES tribute?? Buy the game and have your heart strings tugged...mine have been tugged pretty fierce.

[/QUOTE]

Alien, dont listen to zen (no offense, zen) rub rabbits rules!

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » March 24th, 2006, 7:10 am

Well, zen, as usual you came too late to the party. I have
already ORDERED rub rabbits, so I'm hoping it rules! To
be honest I don't care if it's the same as Feel the magic,
I enjoyed FTM and would enjoy an FTM 1.0, even if that is all it is. I WILL be picking up TERIS DS as you know I love puzzle games. Probably around end o' month....

chrisbid1

Postby chrisbid1 » March 24th, 2006, 11:17 am

i liked the fact that the bad guy in rub rabbits was female this time around, nice twist

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » March 24th, 2006, 2:52 pm

"I liked the fact that the bad GUY was female...."

You get the oxymoron award of the month. A bad GUY can't be
female. Unless it's The Crying game....

And don't spoil the plot for me! Er...then again do. I never beat
feel the magic, doubt I will beat this. Do you think RR is EASIER then FTM or harder? Did you beat FTM? Anything good happen?
I got stuck on the "paint the hearts/unicycle" levels.

ALSO does the ending differ if you beat EVERY game as opossed to replaying older ones to highten your level 00/00?

Return to “Review Feedback”