2009/6/6: Genesis: General Chaos, Taz Mania, Taz in Escape From Mars

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 6th, 2009, 2:16 pm

The Taz Mania review is an update, but the other two are brand new. 
Thoughts??

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » June 6th, 2009, 3:08 pm

Taz and good games just don't fit together, do they? I got the Gameboy game myself, which is called "Looney Tunes 2: Tasmanian Devil in Island Chase" on the box and manual and simply "Taz-Mania" on the title screen. While the level design is fair, it's also horrendously unimaginative, and the controls are pretty bad on top of that.

Darkwave

Postby Darkwave » June 6th, 2009, 11:00 pm

I liked Escape From Mars as a kid, yeah the spikes were annoying, but I never had any problems with ocntorls or the other stuff mentioned in the review, guess I just have an easier time with so-called difficult platformers like this and Bubsy, though it was pretty tricky to figure out how to get past the final level here. Anyways VGC, I think you should try out Bugs Bunny in Double Trouble, as that's a game that I see as more your style, as it's alot less frustrating and much more gameplay variation, and far superior graphics.

jbltecnicspro1

Postby jbltecnicspro1 » June 6th, 2009, 11:24 pm

Aww... poor Taz.    General Chaos sounds pretty cool though.  I know my friends would love to play this one, especially with four player action.  But anyways - great review, as always. 

Michael D

Postby Michael D » June 7th, 2009, 2:42 pm

It is a strange lore about Taz in gaming, isn't it? It seems that the best Taz games tend to be the ones where he has a bit part in them (like the surprisingly fun and NBA Jam-like Looney Tunes B-Ball for SNES), yet the ones where he stars don't work out quite well.

Probably the best one with Taz in the starring role (which isn't saying much) is the Super NES Taz-Mania game by Sunsoft. It's completely different than the Genesis game and strangely, as Taz running along a highway (guess they had to showcase those Mode 7 effects somehow) to swipe at a target number of Myna Birds.

Also, just for a good laugh, perhaps you should check out the Game Gear Taz-Mania (by Sega), but good luck finishing the first level and getting away from that boulder (words of advice for that, you'll have to spin and jump at exactly the right time when you get to the cliff at the end).

matmico399

Re: 2009/6/6: Genesis: General Chaos, Taz Mania, Taz in Escape From Mars

Postby matmico399 » July 16th, 2021, 12:28 pm

The Tax games were both completely awful. Their graphics were astounding for the time but those games were absolutely unplayable. I remember buying the first one and we had a certain amount of time I think 48 hours if we wanted to return it. I return that one so fast I think it was about 12 hours later. General Chaos on the other hand is in my top 10 Genesis games of all time. That was a game I rented and as soon as I had to return it I went out and bought it as fast as I could. Several years back my son who was raised on the PS2 forward, enjoyed battling the hell out of me in this game. He had loved retro gaming ever since.

Return to “Review Feedback”