2009/11/29: Wii: Dead Space: Extraction, New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
NAC1

2009/11/29: Wii: Dead Space: Extraction, New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Postby NAC1 » December 29th, 2009, 8:26 pm

I got this game for my birthday, and, if you ask me, I think that this game earned it's A. If you get super annoyed at the multiplayer, then you are probably taking it to seriously. I only have two Wii remotes, so I don't know if the four player is super crazy, but my brothers and I simply love this game. One quality that this game has that many games today sorely lack is simple, pick up and play gameplay. Even a two year old could adjust to this style of gameplay. I don't know why people said that this game has "old school difficulty." The new items, especially the propeller suit, are awesome! The star coins add replay value as well. My only complaint really is how rare Yoshi is. You can't even bring him to the next level! Overall however, I believe that this game deserves the excellent sales that it is getting.

Voor

Re: 2009/11/29: Wii: Dead Space: Extraction, New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Postby Voor » December 3rd, 2017, 12:03 pm

I got my hands on a Wii and picked this up as the first game. This thread is great. I have two kids, and this is the first Mario game they’ve played, and I can tell that they are having just as much fun as I did 25 years ago with SMB3 and SMW. And that’s what it’s all about. For them, it gets an A+ easily just based on fun factor.

For me, it would get a B+, but the inclusion of multiplayer makes it an A. Sure, it’s chaotic, but that’s the charm and create lots of laughs with the players (more than if the characters overlapped). Solo is fun if you want to take it seriously, multiplayer is great with friends (almost right up there with Mario Kart).

My only real gripe is that I prefer the physics of SMB3 and sMW over the “new” ones.

Other thoughts:

SMB3—best game ever. Perfect level design and difficulty. I still play it to see have fast I can beat it without warps. Perfect controls.

SMW—way too easy, but made up for it with all the secrets. I remember the surprise I got with Star World and then my mind was blown with the Special World. All that done AFTER I had beaten the game.

Yoshis Island—Love this game too. Egg throwing works beautifully and this game oozes with creativity. Best charm of any Mario and super deep.

SMB2—I really love this game and am glad we got it over Lost Levels. It has a weird vibe and great difficulty level.

SMB1—it’s great of course, but there’s something about it that never quite gelled with me.

Voor

Postby Voor » December 14th, 2017, 8:38 pm

Question:

How do people feel about NSMBWii when compared to the Wii U sequels?

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » April 23rd, 2022, 7:54 am

I got Dead Space Extraction for Wii, because I was curious about the game and now it's still available for a decent price. (The prices of this game are rising pretty fast in the second hand market!) I'm a little bit disappointed with the game. My main issue is that the game is way too dark. Even if I turn the brightness all the way up, I can hardly see a thing! Anyone else felt the same with the game?

Return to “Review Feedback”