4/11/2006: Dreamcast: Magforce Racing, Maken-X, TNN Motorsports Hardcore Heat

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 11th, 2006, 6:03 pm

Let your voice be heard!

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » April 11th, 2006, 11:47 pm

I always thought [b]Maken-X[/b] was one of the most underrated Dreamcast games.  It's an Atlus game so the game has a very [b]Persona[/b]-like vibe to it (fans of that RPG series will know what I'm talking about) and gets crazy-hard toward the end.  One game I'm hopelessly hoping someone either remakes or continues on a system more powerful than Dreamcast (like XBox).

Zenzerotron

Postby Zenzerotron » April 12th, 2006, 12:57 pm

I always recall seeing Maken-X in bargin bins long after 95% of all other Dreamcast games had been completely liquidated. I always assumed this game stunk and always passed it on by.

It was probly due to the fact that almost every other Dreamcast game was snatched up after the Dreamcast's death, but multiple copies Maken-X were collecting major dust, it gave me the impression that everyone knew this game was bad and let it be.......like Soul Fighter.

Since Dave compared it to Crossed Swords(tugged my heart strings there), I just might pick up a copy, it goes for super-cheap anywho.

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » April 12th, 2006, 11:34 pm

You won't regret it Z, 'Maken X' isn't top-tier Dreamcast material but it's certainly polished-enough to still be impressive and fun to play today.  And, unlike 'Soul Fighter,' the camera is locked and isn't an issue!

Benjamin

Postby Benjamin » April 14th, 2006, 10:59 pm

i just like the fact that he reviewed more dreamcast games. 

Its like a present on christmas seeing new dreamcast reviews.  The critic should have some givaway to send someone to his place and play videogames for a weekend.  That would rule. 

The fight night 360 is very cool/realistic(played in store)  but little too lazy to write seperate blog.

Return to “Review Feedback”