Video Game Critic Clockwork Knight Sega Saturn Review Annotations by Dreamcastfan99

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
N64Dude1

Video Game Critic Clockwork Knight Sega Saturn Review Annotations by Dreamcastfan99

Postby N64Dude1 » November 1st, 2010, 2:32 pm

Regardless of what the others say,don't be afraid to compare.People don't like it but it drives home a point and if you think it's terrible go ahead.

Gaming in the Clinton Years is not well looked upon by most and frankly if you feel that's how it is don't be afraid at all.

As for the "burden of proof" garbage,it's not on you at all,first there wasn't much explanation as to how frustrating it is,how many,or how tedious. For all I know assuming I never played the game "pushing these blocks" could be fun and only once. Your right on with that in cases like these where VGC is just too vague. Now if he was more specific that could be different

On the other hand the cursing and stuff like graphics whore doesn't sound constructive,it's insulting and frankly I don't think you would like it if I annotated one of your reviews and said stuff like that and honestly this annotation feels like something from Irategamer or AVGN or even Nostalgia Critic on steroids.

Marriott_Guy1

Postby Marriott_Guy1 » November 1st, 2010, 4:55 pm

I agree with the previous posters that your approach to this annotation was less than palatable.  The VGC has always been very open to critiques, or required corrections, to his writings, but in this case he should definitely be commended for taking the high road.

Simply stated, reviews for the most part are subjective.  Your annotation really is nothing more than this - your opinion.  Perhaps you should begin your own website where you can fully expand upon your original thoughts rather than simply passing judgment through contentious commentary on the literary work of others.

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » November 1st, 2010, 5:21 pm

Annoteting reviews? I mean, really? Seems like
a colossal loss of time. If you want to do something
constructive, why don't you try to come up with your
own reviews? I read your stuff, and wasn't very impressed.
I don't think the VGC will be a better reviewer because of it.
That was your idea, right? Helping? Hey, who am I fooling...

Stika

Postby Stika » November 1st, 2010, 7:20 pm

[QUOTE=chrisbid]

If you want to be taken seriously, then learn the difference between their, there, and they're.

[/QUOTE]
has it ocurred to you that he may not come from an english speaking nation?

Adamant1

Postby Adamant1 » November 1st, 2010, 9:19 pm

[QUOTE=Stika][QUOTE=chrisbid]

If you want to be taken seriously, then learn the difference between their, there, and they're.

[/QUOTE]
has it ocurred to you that he may not come from an english speaking nation?

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's people from English-speaking countries that tend to have the most problems with these words, as they learn the pronunciation and proper use of the words in sentences years before they learn how to write. If you learn English as a second language, you learn that these are three different words with different spellings right away, making it much easier to avoid mixing them up, unlike a native who's likely gone 5-6 years without even considering these words to be separate.

Of course, this isn't unique to English - most languages have similar groups of words that native speakers are much more prone to mixing up than those who learned the language at a later point in life. 

Dreamcastfan99

Postby Dreamcastfan99 » November 1st, 2010, 9:37 pm

Look like my annotation on a video game review just was not a very good idea, and I will no longer do annotations on video game reviews anymore.

So instead, I will just post in the Review Feedback section if I want to give critiques, or required corrections, etc.

Look good on paper doing a annotation on a video game review,  but did not work out very well.

0-Storm

Postby 0-Storm » November 1st, 2010, 9:51 pm

Your annotations failed o convince me that your view was correct. I think U spent too much focus on trying to debunk the Critic's views rather then making your arguments stronger.

JesusSaves

Postby JesusSaves » November 2nd, 2010, 7:10 am

[QUOTE=0-Storm]

Your annotations failed o convince me that your view was correct. I think U spent too much focus on trying to debunk the Critic's views rather then making your arguments stronger.

[/QUOTE]
This.

And I do think that instead of critiquing someone else's review, you could do your own review.

Roperious1

Postby Roperious1 » November 2nd, 2010, 10:02 am

While I agree that Clockwork Knight is a far better game than the Critic describes, your delivery needs work. I can understand that after reading the unique style of the Critic it may seem appropriate to be frank in your annotation; however, common courtesy still applies. You can still be witty and sharp, just don't be disrespectful to the critic on his site no less.

Don't give up annotations just because you are getting some flak.  I think it's a neat idea that, done properly, could be really interesting for us to incorporate into the review feedback section!

Dreamcastfan99

Postby Dreamcastfan99 » November 2nd, 2010, 3:10 pm

[QUOTE=Roperious]While I agree that Clockwork Knight is a far better game than the Critic describes, your delivery needs work. I can understand that after reading the unique style of the Critic it may seem appropriate to be frank in your annotation; however, common courtesy still applies. You can still be witty and sharp, just don't be disrespectful to the critic on his site no less.

Don't give up annotations just because you are getting some flak.  I think it's a neat idea that, done properly, could be really interesting for us to incorporate into the review feedback section!

[/QUOTE]

I agree Roperious, I should not give up on annotations. I should try again next time I do another annotation on a text based video game review on either the Video Game Critic, or other websites, etc.  Next time I will take more time on the annotations before I post theme and will improve thanks to tips from the other people on the forums. I also think annotations on text based video game reviews have lots of potential to be successful if done right.

My inspiration of the annotations was Boomstick545 commentaries on video game video reviews, such as the infamous Alexander4488/Game Dude.

Commentarie 1

Commentarie 2

Roperious, thanks for cheering me up.

Note: Both commentaries have profanity in the videos?

Return to “Review Feedback”