2011/3/13: Dreamcast: Fighting Force 2, Marvel Vs. Capcom, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » March 16th, 2011, 3:14 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Anybody care to guess the grade for my upcoming Marvel Vs Capcom 3 review?
[/QUOTE]

I'll hazard a guess at an A

Like someone else posted awhile back I love the idea of Marvel vs Capcom in theory.  However, in practice I can't get into it although it's got everything I love about fighters and comic books smashed together.

jbltecnicspro1

Postby jbltecnicspro1 » March 16th, 2011, 3:27 pm

Glad to see that the original Marvel vs. Capcom got a bump in the letter grade.  Still, I love Marvel vs. Capcom 2.  The music, in my opinion, isn't bad - but it's not spectacular.  I downloaded the MvC2 Michael Jackson edition, which (in my mind) perfectly suits the game.  X-Men vs. Street Fighter is an alright game, but if you've played the others, you'ved played this one.  It has some of the more obscure X-Men not found in the other games like Gambit (I'm ignoring MvC2), but is virtually the same game as Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter (which is also on the Saturn).  Definitely play it on the Saturn, as the load times are pretty much non-existent and the controller kicks the crap out of anything else for fighting games. 

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will get a B+ or an A-.  It's lacking characters compared to its predecessor, but I believe the stage design and action will win out in the end.  For the record, I'm very disappointed that Capcom didn't include some of the other characters from Vampire (Darkstalkers) like Jedah.  Boo, Capcom!

Robotrek

Re: 2011/3/13: Dreamcast: Fighting Force 2, Marvel Vs. Capcom, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2

Postby Robotrek » October 19th, 2019, 4:01 pm

I know I'm late to the party, but the PS1 edition of Fighting Force 2 is easily a B- game. The controls aren't the BEST, but they are far superior to the Dreamcast port's controls. The level themes and designs are pretty awesome as well. There's a lot of really neat stuff near the end of the game as well. I kind of wish it'd get remade into something more playable because I have a feeling it'd be loved.

Return to “Review Feedback”