2011/3/23: Genesis: Arrow Flash, Batman Returns, Wings of Wor

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 23rd, 2011, 9:28 pm

Here are three new Genesis reviews I hope you find entertaining.  Arrow Flash and Batman Returns are updates with slightly higher grades.

Wings of Wor is a new review, and it's a gem!

Comments please!

DanZero1

Postby DanZero1 » March 23rd, 2011, 10:04 pm

Arrow Flash -- If I could write a review as well as you on that game, I'd say all THAT about it. The robot/ship concept with a different "Flash" attack was a good idea but the rest of the game just fell flat.

Batman Returns -- Loved the SNES version, but the Gen versions looks like a winner too.

Wings of Wor -- Another early Genesis shooter distributed by a rather obscure publisher (Dreamworks, who also licensed Fire Shark). Fast trivia -- this game was originally created in Japan by NCS/Masaya, who were famous for the "infamous" game series Cho Aniki! The sprite designer in fact, worked for that series, which explains the detailed, huge, interesting characters in game.

Devon

Postby Devon » March 23rd, 2011, 10:40 pm

So there already was such a thing as Dreamworks?

Oltobaz1

Postby Oltobaz1 » March 24th, 2011, 12:55 am

Thanks for reviewing Wings of Wor, I just knew you'd like it!

Crimefighter

Postby Crimefighter » March 24th, 2011, 1:10 am

Glad you finally gave Arrow Flash another go...though the grade increase wasn't as much as I thought it deserved.  The real challenge is finishing the game without losing a life as going for record high school demands it.

DanZero1

Postby DanZero1 » March 24th, 2011, 2:29 am

[QUOTE=Devon]So there already was such a thing as Dreamworks?
[/QUOTE]

Not exactly. This Dreamworks was a Minnesota-based publisher of many early Genesis titles, not related to the movie comapny of the same name.

Damon Plus

Postby Damon Plus » March 24th, 2011, 1:05 pm

Isn't this the third time you've reviewed Batman Returns? First it had a A-, then, a B-, and now a B+.

Nothing wrong with the scores, but, is this one of those cases you forgot you've already reviewed the game?

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » March 24th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Glad you upped the Arrow flash grade.

Its fun, but the robot is only useful during the meteor shower and boss attacks because of sheilds. STICK WITH THE SHIP most of the time for best play. The graphics are great, hard to believe only 64 colours!

OMG, I never made the connection to SET ME FREE BUT YOU ARE RIGHT!

The music is exact........SET ME FREE WHY DONT YA BABE, in the game you hear DUH DA DA DAH DUMP DA DA DAHHHHHHH.......EXACTLY THE SAME TUNE........and I never noticed it.

But then I just got Bon Jovis greatest hits for my birthday and I thought I knew Bon Jovi, yet I never knew they sang BAD MEDICINE.......I would have swore the group POISON did that song. Boy is my face flesh colored!

Number1Star1

Postby Number1Star1 » March 24th, 2011, 1:52 pm

Batman Returns on the Genesis is not fun, anyone else share the critic's opinion on this one?

Blueguy93

Postby Blueguy93 » March 24th, 2011, 4:55 pm

Okay I'm confused critic. You said the genesis version of Batman Returns is more fun than the Snes version, yet you gave the Snes version an A while you gave this a B+.

Return to “Review Feedback”