2011/6/4: Colecovision: Mr. Do, Slither, Turbo

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 4th, 2011, 2:51 pm

Here are some new Colecovision reviews for you.  Slither and Turbo are updates, but Mr. Do is brand new.  Wow, it sure took me a long time to review this game!  All three are pretty good, especially Turbo.

gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » June 4th, 2011, 8:28 pm

solid, tight reviews. well done. i've always liked mr. do. i know it borrows from dig dug, but there is something unique about the game play, which, by the way, is really, really tough (in the arcade version). turbo is another great game that has aged well. i've never played slither, but i've read that it plays very well with the trac-ball.

and it's always fun when critic goes old school.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » June 5th, 2011, 12:43 pm

CHICKEN AND THE EGG!

MR.DO and DIG DUG both came out around the same time in 1982. Both games had sequals, though MR.DO's sequals were not digging games...... rather CASTLE was a climbing game, WILD RIDE a maze game and DO RUN RUN! was like an overhead Crystal Castles.

MR.DO! was always my second fave CV game after LADYBUG. But having played the original on MAME, I agree its very watered down. But at least it has all ten levels!!!!!!!!!

By the way PAC MAN eats the Cherry stems too!

TedE.Bear

Postby TedE.Bear » June 5th, 2011, 3:12 pm

One of my favorites for my Colecovision!  I do think it is a decent port of a pretty good game.  I actually prefer it to Dig Dig (Gasp!!!)

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » June 6th, 2011, 12:05 pm

MR DO! is MUCH better than Dig Dug.......it has so much more to it, there is more happening, more varied waves, a different bonus system -SPELL EXTRA- and better graphics and music. Dig Dug is okay but gets kinda repetititititititititious fast.

I love all universal games........LADYBUG, COSMIC AVENGER, MR.DO!.......we need a Universal collection or just a Mr.DO! collection.

Any here ever play the final Mr.DO! game, NEO MR DO!?

DO THE DOO DOO!

BornToRun

Postby BornToRun » June 6th, 2011, 8:07 pm

Thanks, nice reviews! Turbo for the Colecovision is one of my favorite classic games of all time. Coleco really made a cutting edge move by packing this with the steering wheel controller.

Crock1

Postby Crock1 » June 7th, 2011, 8:09 pm

Turbo will always have a special place in my heart as it was one of the early games I bought for our Colecovision with my hard-earned paper-route money.

Your review is spot on for it.  It's one of the defining games for the Colecovision, in my opinion.  It's what 'makes a Colecovision a Colecovision', if you will....

gilly

Postby gilly » June 13th, 2011, 8:23 pm

I never got what made Dig Dug such a big deal. I much more prefer Mr Do. It's my 2nd favorite Colecovision game after Pepper II.

Return to “Review Feedback”