Video game review requests

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Luke

Postby Luke » July 8th, 2011, 1:55 am

I sincerely hope nobody is losing any sleep over a video game review. 

Michael Prymula

Postby Michael Prymula » July 9th, 2011, 7:11 pm

Death And Return Of Superman for the Genesis, it's FAR superior to most of Superman's other console entries.

Greisha1

Postby Greisha1 » July 10th, 2011, 8:39 am

Rainbow Islands. NES.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 10th, 2011, 11:48 am

Just to let you know, I make note of all of these game requests and add most of them to my "wanted" list.  This is the list with games I seek out to acquire.  I usually pick up a few every month.  However, my list is getting pretty long. 

I would recommend that instead of just tossing out names you should explain the reasoning behind the request.  Tell me about what the game is like and why I should be interested in reviewing it.

Then maybe I'll be more aggressive in tracking in down and get your review posted sooner.

oldschoolgamer

Postby oldschoolgamer » July 10th, 2011, 12:42 pm

Battletanx (N64) is a 3rd person tank game that's low on realism, but high on fun.  The game takes place in a post-apocalyptic future where a plague has wiped out 99 percent of the world's women, and civilization was subsequently destroyed by the nuclear war fought over the remaining women.  You play as Griffin Spade, a man on a journey from New York to San Francisco in order to rescue his fiance Madison.  The game is played from a 3rd person perspective and offers tons of power ups including mines, missiles, and tactical nuclear weapons.  It also has a number of head to head splitscreen modes.  It is one of those games that uses both the controller pack and the rumble pack so I imagine you'd probably want to dock it points for that.

Drew

Postby Drew » July 10th, 2011, 2:01 pm

Also, review Fallout 3 for 360/PS3. That game is really awesome and the reader review is full of crap. 

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 10th, 2011, 2:05 pm

[QUOTE=Drew]Also, review Fallout 3 for 360/PS3. That game is really awesome and the reader review is full of crap. [/QUOTE]

I actually wrote a review, but never got far enough through the game to justify it.  Maybe I'll pick it back up and at least get a few more hours in.

By the way, I do not limit reader reviews to one per game.  I can include multiple reader reviews.  Maybe you should write your own (under Your Reviews) to tell the other side of the story.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » July 10th, 2011, 3:10 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Tell me about what the game is like and why I should be interested in reviewing it.
[/QUOTE]

I think you'd love Atari Anthology for the PS2/Xbox.

The Xbox version in particular supports 1080i (One of only 2 or 3 Xbox games that can output in HD) and might be the only one of the pair that can output at 480p (I only own the Xbox version).

And if you keep your Xbox hooked up to a SD CRT but still want to experience it in HD, it's also one of the rare exceptions when it comes to backwards compatibility on the 360. It runs beautifully with absolutely zero issues on the 360 when running it in HD (There are a few graphic corruption issues with the menu when running it at 480i on the 360, but it's fine when running in HD). And it's not just running it at 480p and upscaling it like the 360 does with the average non HD Xbox game, the Xbox emulator is rendering it at 1080i just like the original Xbox hardware did (Although the 360 might still be doing things like deinterlacing it and and/or downscaling it if you've set it to output at 720p or 1080p).

None of that would matter if the emulation programs used were poor, but the emulation is also very well done for both the arcade and 2600 lineups. The game lineup is more or less the same as the two DS collections you just reviewed combined into one package. The vector arcade games in particular never looked so good on a television and are the highlight of the collection as a result.

The only issues of signifiance are the typical ones you'd be familiar with from other compilations over the years. The paddle 2600 games perform poorly in the control department and the spinner and trackball arcade games also control less than idealy (Especially the Pong simulation and Warlords and Super Breakout, which are more or less unplayable with an analog stick). And no licensed arcade or 2600 games from Atari's back catalog are included.

Disregarding those issues that couldn't be helped, it's a great compilation and is one of the few glaring holes in your review database where classic compilations are concerned.

Jeremy Duer

Postby Jeremy Duer » July 13th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Sega Dreamcast: Soldier of Fortune, The Next Tetris and Toy Story 2.  Thanks critic I look forward to reading the reviews!

DanZero1

Postby DanZero1 » July 19th, 2011, 1:14 am

Another one you might want to try on SNES -- The Lawnmower Man. I know it's THQ and MOVIE licensed game but it was done by the same developer as Firepower 2000 and it has some really cool side scrolling and also first and third-person virtual reality zones making decent use of the SNES Mode 7 for 1993.

Return to “Review Feedback”