Video game review requests

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Michael R.

Postby Michael R. » July 19th, 2011, 8:30 pm

Not to add to the conflict here but honestly you shouldn't be complaining about VGC giving NSMB an A+, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If he really likes the game but you don't, so what? It's his review and he shouldn't need to lie about his opinions on it because you don't like it as much as him. Most reviews on this site I agree with, a few I don't, but these are his opinions and not mine so I leave it at that...just saying.

Number XIII

Postby Number XIII » July 19th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Turning Point Fall of Liberty (PS3/360)
Jurassic Park (SNES)
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis (GBA)
Spider-Man and Venom Separation Anxiety (SNES/Genesis)

Frank Sapone

Postby Frank Sapone » July 20th, 2011, 7:57 pm

I'd like to see a review of Sonic: The Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Master System.  Most of the annoying flaws of the GameGear counterpart have been rectified. 

Jon1

Postby Jon1 » July 21st, 2011, 2:21 pm

NFL Blitz 99 for the Nintendo 64. It's a fantastic 2 player game. 

Mario5001

Postby Mario5001 » July 23rd, 2011, 8:28 am

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.

zzz

Postby zzz » September 9th, 2011, 6:34 pm

Kirby's Adventure! I know the Critic doesn't care much for cute games, but it's just so fun! It also has some neat mini games (The wild west draw is my favorite.)

MoonMetropolis

Postby MoonMetropolis » September 10th, 2011, 3:34 am

Here are some games I just KNOW the VGC would love:

DeathSmiles II (Xbox 360)

Vanquish (Xbox 360 and PS3)

Quake 4 (Xbox 360)

Gal*Gun (Xbox 360 and PS3)

Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360 and PS3)

Unreal Tournament III (Xbox 360 and PS3)

Battle Fantasia (Xbox 360)

Ristar (Sega Genesis)

Duke Nukem 3D (Sega Saturn)

Mario Paint (SNES)

Out of This World (3DO, SNES, and Sega Genesis)

Heart of Darkness (PS1)

...not to mention all the Japan-only 2D fighters for the PS1.

I didn't bother listing any downloadable games because we all know he isn't gonna bother with those.  And I'm probably forgetting several games.

Also, why no original Game Boy or Game Boy Color sections?

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » September 10th, 2011, 4:54 am

I thought DeathSmiles II was a download only release for North America?

And why Mario Paint? That always seemed mostly like a novelty, to me. I got it back in the day and maybe made two drawings with it (A ocean scene with a lighthouse should still be saved on mine), a couple of songs, and spent sometime with the bug swating minigame.

The Critic seemed intrigued by Ristar in another thread, so I bet that one gets reviewed here eventually.

There are Game Boy Color reviews here mixed in with the GBA reviews, even though the category label is a bit misleading. I believe the Critic has spoken in the past that he believed that original Game Boy games are perhaps a bit too primitive and too expensive CIB to make it worthwhile. Let's hope that changes someday since the system has some greats that hold up well to the test of time, such as Link's Awakening (Especially the colorized DX version with a GBC compatibility mode).

MoonMetropolis

Postby MoonMetropolis » September 10th, 2011, 5:15 am

[QUOTE=Leo]I thought DeathSmiles II was a download only release for North America?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but it was released as a retail game in Japan.

[QUOTE=Leo]And why Mario Paint? That always seemed mostly like a novelty, to me. I got it back in the day and maybe made two drawings with it (A ocean scene with a lighthouse should still be saved on mine), a couple of songs, and spent sometime with the bug swating minigame.[/QUOTE]
It's one of the greatest time-wasters ever created.

[QUOTE=Leo]The Critic seemed intrigued by Ristar in another thread, so I bet that one gets reviewed here eventually.[/QUOTE]
He said he got a copy on eBay, but it "smelled like smoke", so he sent it back.

[QUOTE=Leo]There are Game Boy Color reviews here mixed in with the GBA reviews, even though the category label is a bit misleading. I believe the Critic has spoken in the past that he believed that original Game Boy games are perhaps a bit too primitive and too expensive CIB to make it worthwhile. Let's hope that changes someday since the system has some greats that hold up well to the test of time, such as Link's Awakening (Especially the colorized DX version with a GBC compatibility mode).[/QUOTE]
I know there are a few GBC reviews mixed in, but there are VERY few.  There's no reason not to review these games.  How are they "primitive" compared to half the retro systems he reviews?  That's just silly.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » September 10th, 2011, 5:25 am

My point with Ristar was that he seems interested already in it. And I suspect my experience with Mario Paint was the more typical of the two. I'd love to see his thoughts on it though, I was just surprised you were recommending it so highly.

Is there a way to play import 360 games easily? My understanding was unless you had a console that hadn't been updated in quite a while, it was impossible to even mod it at this time for playing imports (Something called JTAG, as I recall). And it doesn't really seem worth buying an import 360 just to play one game, though, at least in my opinion. So it's essentially a download title where North American gamers are concerned.

[QUOTE=MoonMetropolis]How are they "primitive" compared to half the retro systems he reviews?  That's just silly.[/QUOTE]

I'm quite fond of a good number of original Game Boy games. Donkey Kong (Especially when played on the SGB), Solar Striker, the Super Mario Land games, and many others have given me a great deal of enjoyment over the years.

So don't ask me.

Edit - Looks like perhaps I'm misremembering him saying that. Looks like maybe I just assumed that was playing a role in his decision, so I'll have to apologize for that. At least I was half right with my recollections since price does seem to have been a factor in their continued absence from this site.

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic][QUOTE=Alienblue]Will you be reviewing old Gameboy games, the black n' white ones?
[/QUOTE]

Is it really worth it to collect the original B&W Gameboy games? They are surprisingly expensive.     [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]Guys,
Not a bad idea.  Actually, I periodically look for "lots" of old Gameboy cartridges on Ebay, hoping to snag a bunch at the same time.  The thing is, those old games tend to be really expensive!!  Have you noticed??
Dave
[/QUOTE]

Return to “Review Feedback”