2012/1/8: Intellivision: Rocky & Bullwinkle

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 8th, 2012, 11:22 am

This one looks good, but it's a nightmare to play.

I'd like to read your comments.

CoyT

Postby CoyT » January 8th, 2012, 2:10 pm

That looks horrible! Critic, thank you for playing games like this so none of us have to. I mean...doing math equations in a game based on a cartoon?! Whose idea was that? haha

Anyway, keep up the good work. I love hearing you rip apart a bad game...

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » January 8th, 2012, 3:46 pm

Very interesting, it looks great and its a disappointment to hear that it was not an undiscovered gem.
A math based cartoon game does indeed seem a daft idea but back then they did have the idea of combining games with learning.  I think it was to make the console seem less of just a fun vehicle and more an educational tool. 
They are the games that just seem so limited today.  So a warning about them is always appreciated.

nesfan1

Postby nesfan1 » January 8th, 2012, 6:59 pm

Aww, that's disappointing. I loved the cartoon so much growing up.

MoonMetropolis

Postby MoonMetropolis » January 8th, 2012, 9:39 pm

There's also a downloadable Rocky & Bullwinkle game for Xbox 360, which I've heard is horrible as well.

Guy

Postby Guy » January 8th, 2012, 10:29 pm

I like the Intellivision game Math Fun. It is an educational game that lets you compete against another player. Is Rocky & Bullwinkle a one player game?

Michael D

Postby Michael D » January 8th, 2012, 11:53 pm

Hearing how bad this unreleased Rocky and Bullwinkle game is, I'd be curious to hear what you think of the ones that actually did get released, especially the infamous NES game (though the Genesis and Super NES ones were pretty decent).  And yes, the XBLA game is bad, too, which I'd say continues a generally sad streak of games based on such a great series.

Crimefighter

Postby Crimefighter » January 9th, 2012, 1:10 am

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/rocky/rocky.htm

The Atari version seems pretty much the same...except it's probably easier using an Atari Joystick...

Donkey Kong Jr. Math must had the same concept on the math game....

MoonMetropolis

Postby MoonMetropolis » January 9th, 2012, 5:23 am

[QUOTE=Michael D]Hearing how bad this unreleased Rocky and Bullwinkle game is, I'd be curious to hear what you think of the ones that actually did get released, especially the infamous NES game (though the Genesis and Super NES ones were pretty decent).  And yes, the XBLA game is bad, too, which I'd say continues a generally sad streak of games based on such a great series.[/QUOTE]
Some franchises apparently just don't mix with video games.  Superman is one of them.  Rocky & Bullwinkle is another.

I do find it interesting that the XBLA game included Vision Camera support, however.  It's one of the only games to do so, and, ironically, almost every Vision Camera game is freaking horrible.

Bayou Billy

Postby Bayou Billy » January 9th, 2012, 7:19 am

there is a strange typo in the review

'' delivering them to Bullwinkle in the airplane abpve for points.''

Return to “Review Feedback”