Skyrim: a funny story

General and high profile video game topics.
DaHeckIzDat

Skyrim: a funny story

Postby DaHeckIzDat » August 4th, 2021, 2:15 pm

I just beat Skyrim for the first time today (the main quest line, anyway) and I came away with a funny story. Minor spoilers below, but nothing important.

So we all know that Bethesda games are infamously buggy, but while they're distracting they usually sort themselves out. Not this time. This time I had to take matters into my own hands.

After holding a peace council at High Hrothgar, I needed the jarl of Whiterun to return home so I could use his castle to catch a dragon. The problem is, the jarl apparently didn't want to go home. I fast traveled back to Whiterun, and where do I find the high and mighty ruler of the city?

Swimming in his moat.

I tried talking to him, but he just kept repeating the same line about letting me use his castle as soon as he got back to Whiterun. He doesn't seen in any hurry to get out of the water anytime soon, though....if ever. So what's a dragonborn to so? Shout him home, of course!

So I used Unrelenting Force (Fus Ro Dah) to blast the Jarl out of the water. When he immediately tried to jump in again, I blasted him up the stairs, then across the bridge. Finally, something seemed to click in his head, and he turned on his heel and went inside, finally letting me continue the quest.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Skyrim: a funny story

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 4th, 2021, 4:24 pm

Sounds like a Monty Python skit!
Great story - thanks for sharing.

Gentlegamer

Re: Skyrim: a funny story

Postby Gentlegamer » August 4th, 2021, 6:01 pm

That's called Open World Jank™

Return to “Video Games General”