What is the fastest game of all time?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

What is the fastest game of all time?

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 4th, 2021, 9:34 pm

Has there ever been a faster game than Kaboom? Once you get about 2,000 points in, those bombs are dropping so fast even Sonic can't keep up. Only a paddle would suffice for a game like this.

CaptainCruch

Re: What is the fastest game of all time?

Postby CaptainCruch » August 5th, 2021, 7:56 am

When I read the title of this thread I was thinking of WarioWare...

Cafeman

Postby Cafeman » August 5th, 2021, 10:44 am

CaptainCruch wrote:When I read the title of this thread I was thinking of WarioWare...

When I read the title, first thing that came to mind was Kaboom.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » August 23rd, 2021, 2:03 pm

Savage on the Amiga has a glitch that causes the game to end in less than a minute... Does that count?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmIMi7iCdX8

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » August 23rd, 2021, 4:29 pm

The real answer:

Big Rigs Over the Road Racing.

No really.

First impressions are deceptive.

This isn't even a racing game. There is literally no way you can lose a race - the AI will either refuse to compete or refuse to win, depending on the version you have. If you take things at face value, this is where your journey ends.

But.

If you back your truck up? Just for curiosity's sake? And to try to squeeze everything possible out of this bare bones experience?

There is no limit to your acceleration. Playability? Not an issue. And never a possibility. Collision detection? So much of the world is an illusion. Leave these concerns behind. They would just distract you from your real goal.

Once you begin your journey into reverse, nothing will ever be the same.

Your truck will eventually break every law of physics. And in this game, there weren't many laws left to break in the first place.

Welcome to true freedom.

In the end, you will occupy every possible space at once. You will finally see the world through the eyes of a god. (As best your GPU can keep up.)

And at long last you'll understand why so many of their wisest prophets are always going backwards too...

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » August 23rd, 2021, 5:11 pm

LOL, reminds me of the Infinite Speed Glitch in the first Metroid Prime, where you get literally infinite speed in morph ball form

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » August 23rd, 2021, 8:19 pm

Demon Attack on level 4 plus is insanely complicated on the 2600. It is so fast moving it is so hard to avoid almost any of the laser blasts. Several years ago I made it to level 8, but I haven't come close since.

Return to “Video Games General”