Time for Halloween Games!

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Time for Halloween Games!

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 17th, 2021, 7:25 pm

Sorry for the spoilers, but here are the games I'm planning to review this Halloween season.

Mummy Demastered (Switch) - DONE

Resident Evil Village (PS4) - in progress

Cotton (Switch) - it's a side-scrolling shooter with a distinctive Halloween theme, so I think it qualifies

Ghostbusters 2 (NES) / New Ghostbusters 2 (NES) - these are very different I hear

Castlevania 1-3 (NES) - re-reviewing all three of these classics

Dracula (Game Gear) - based on the 1992 film

Alone in the Dark 1/2 (3DO) - I actually started reviewing these last year, but didn't get far enough.

Warlock (Genesis and SNES)

Plus a few more that will go unnamed (if I can get to them).

So what are you playing this Halloween season?

matmico399

Re: Time for Halloween Games!

Postby matmico399 » September 17th, 2021, 8:15 pm

I can't wait to see the reviews for these games. Outside of the Christmas season, Halloween season is my favorite. This should be fun coming up.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » September 17th, 2021, 9:47 pm

I've wrote a couple Halloween reviews for the RPG Crew and I hope they'll get posted. Since I was originally introduced to this site by the Halloween games list, getting a guest review added to it would make me proud.

And I swear I'm not trying to pressure you with this or anything, haha.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » September 17th, 2021, 9:58 pm

Oh yeah! That time of the year again! Can't wait to see from the Critic's standpoint which NES Castlevania games stand the test of time and which don't. Alone in the Dark, the grandfather of survival horror, another good one to review, time has definitely not been kind to those games! As for New Ghostbusters II, that's one I've been hoping the Critic will review. I reviewed it myself, in one reader review, let's just wait to see what he has to say. Vastly better than the original NES Ghostbusters game, more colorful, alive, playable, and fun. Only flaw is it's just way to simple and no character strengths/weaknesses, though you do get the honor of playing Louis as well! Believe it or not, the same style of play in that Ghostbusters game is the same as a gameboy game of ghostbusters 2.

noah98

Postby noah98 » September 18th, 2021, 8:19 am

I'll have to check out Cotton. It looks like a fun game for Switch.

Zack Burner

Postby Zack Burner » September 18th, 2021, 3:15 pm

Thought up another NES game that's good for Halloween that has yet to be reviewed: Fester's Quest! This game is a hard one though, but if you're up for it it's quite rewarding.

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » September 18th, 2021, 4:49 pm

There is a game on Switch I picked up cheap a few years back called "Flipping Death."

It's a puzzle platformer that has you playing a ghost that can possess people to solve puzzles. The real highlight of the game though is it's story and comedy, so that will make or break the game for you. The gameplay is average, just a really decent presentation. If it is on sale I would recommend it.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » September 18th, 2021, 10:49 pm

Add Shadowman on N64 or Dreamcast to that list ;)

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » September 19th, 2021, 8:04 am

I am waiting for the new Resident Evil game to go on sale, that is the one I have my eye on for sure.

Jascott72

Postby Jascott72 » September 23rd, 2021, 11:49 am

Critic you must give Pumpkin Jack a try. It is a download for PS4/Xbox. It plays a lot like Medievil. I think it is pretty decent. A fun game that isn't particularly challenging but oozes Halloween atmosphere.

Return to “Video Games General”