The XBox 360 is seriously underrated.

General and high profile video game topics.
JohanOberg

Re: The XBox 360 is seriously underrated.

Postby JohanOberg » October 21st, 2021, 4:19 am

I owned 5 Xbox 360 consoles before moving over to PS3 (their exclusives such as the Yakuza series interested me more) and I never looked back, but I must say I never had a RROD, only a quarter-circle and it fixed itself by a reboot.

I still get a little annoyed that when I feel like playing the original Saints Row again, I can't without a 360. I also have yet to play Lost Odyssey, even though I own the game.

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » October 21st, 2021, 12:12 pm

Lost Odyssey gets really, really hard later on. And I don't feel like the characters and battles are as balanced as they could be, however the storyline and way the game plays is really good. I loved finding the lost memories and reading them with the nice music going on.

But the game has some hard flaws, and some really rough boss fights, but the story is pretty gripping if you can look past that.

And Matchstick, holy crap that is some seriously bad sony luck! I don't blame you for not looking back. I seem to have a really solid PS2. It's roughly 20 years old and still works like a champ. (It has a hard time with PS1 games on occasion, developed that a year or 2 ago now, but it's only a small amount of games.)

That sounds like some of the worse customer service I've heard. Similarish story my brothers-in-law (twins) both bought the same model GM truck off the lot brand new and after similar long arguments with GMs customer service they sued under the lemon law and won. Got all their money back and then some... and went and bought Fords.

Sony losing 1 customer isn't hurt by it, but sharing the story for others so they might think twice about purchasing from Sony can have an effect though. I know I'll think twice about getting a sony thing new. With how tough it's been to get these PS3s working I was already on the fence about sony in general, I'll have to do a lot of research if/when I update stuff.

Back on topic, I feel the 360 was the best console of that generation, and has aged better than the Wii and PS3.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » October 21st, 2021, 5:03 pm

Alucard1191 wrote:Sony losing 1 customer isn't hurt by it, but sharing the story for others so they might think twice about purchasing from Sony can have an effect though.

Good. I've lost a PSOne, two PSPs, and a Vita due to Sony's hardware practically self-destructing.

And I can't afford to keep replacing it, just so they can artificially inflate their hardware sales figures.

Return to “Video Games General”