Battle of A+’s—Episode 2: Rocket League vs Mario Kart

General and high profile video game topics.
Voor

Battle of A+’s—Episode 2: Rocket League vs Mario Kart

Postby Voor » October 24th, 2021, 4:21 pm

*for Mario kart, I was thinking MK8, but substitute your favorite one here. I know some love double dash or 64, for example.

Both are super accessible, a blast with friends, and have a high quality presentation. True that rocket league is just one game, versus a franchise of Mario kart games, but it has gone through dozen of updates, with new modes added, arenas, etc.

Thoughts?

DrLitch

Re: Battle of A+’s—Episode 2: Rocket League vs Mario Kart

Postby DrLitch » October 25th, 2021, 9:56 am

I am not too qualified to give an opinion on Rocket League. I downloaded it on Epic, tried it out for approx 15 minutes, and decided it was not my cup of tea.

Mario Kart 8 on the other hand is yet another great Kart Racer in the franchise. On first impressions alone, MK8 in a landslide. I could see some points going to Rocket League on novelty factor but you have to obviously enjoy the concept of striking a big ball towards your opponents goal.

Voor

Postby Voor » October 26th, 2021, 8:41 pm

Just glanced at the counter, and there are almost 49,000 players who enjoy hitting a soccer ball into a net online right now, which is nighttime or early morning for a lot of folks. Lol

MK8 is great. I’m very curious how many MK64 players play online with the switch’s new expansion pack.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » November 1st, 2021, 3:59 pm

Mario Kart 8 is fun (especially the refined Switch version), and is good enough that I rarely find myself going back to some of the older ones. That said, SNES Mario Kart is still fun in bursts.

I barely know Rocket League exists, let alone have ever tried it.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » November 1st, 2021, 4:00 pm

Voor wrote:Just glanced at the counter, and there are almost 49,000 players who enjoy hitting a soccer ball into a net online right now, which is nighttime or early morning for a lot of folks. Lol

MK8 is great. I’m very curious how many MK64 players play online with the switch’s new expansion pack.

Oh right, I forgot the Switch Online N64 had online game options... I rarely use my Switch Lite online, and if I do if not browsing for game updates it is for the odd SNES game. Need to try the online N64 option and see how it runs

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » November 3rd, 2021, 1:14 am

Rocket League gets my vote. Better multiplayer game IMO, if you’re committed to learning the ropes, especially online.

Return to “Video Games General”