Resident Evil 4 Sexist?

General and high profile video game topics.
ThePixelatedGenocide
Posts: 851
Joined: April 29th, 2015, 9:06 pm

Re: Resident Evil 4 Sexist?

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » October 27th, 2021, 12:55 pm

No, I'm not going to read that. Personal experience carries infinitely more weight than a random website going "I told you soooo!", and my personal experience (as well as the personal experiences of numerous people I know and trust) tells me that Facebook is run by far left nuts who think deleting posts and banning users who say anything positive about Trump is protecting their country.

And I'm not going to derail the critic's thread to argue politics with you any more, so this is the last thing I'll say about it.


https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/03/tech/fac ... index.html

Your personal experience outweighs everyone else's and every measurable data metric? I'll take facts over your feelings. Especially since the top trending pages are public information.

You can live in your own reality, if you want. Don't expect me to join you there.

I offered no opinion on the right wing news sources themselves, other than to observe, as many others have, that they were allowed to break the rules for far too long.

Robotrek
Posts: 433
Joined: June 6th, 2016, 9:24 pm

Re: Resident Evil 4 Sexist?

Postby Robotrek » October 27th, 2021, 1:00 pm

Good lord, this got extremely political when the topic was clearly sociological in nature. Another thread down the drain boys.

DaHeckIzDat
Posts: 1487
Joined: April 9th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Re: Resident Evil 4 Sexist?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 27th, 2021, 1:03 pm

David wrote:use this a springboard to cry about not being allowed to be sexist.

This is why these arguments are a waste of time. The people claiming to be offended have placed themselves on a pedestal, assuming that everyone is just going to agree that they have the moral high ground. To do this, they also have to assume that the people on the other side share their views, but are so one dimensionally evil that they are knowingly and willingly doing bad things. We don't have a problem with the game as it was, so the only possible reasoning is that we want to be sexist for sexism's sake, and we're crying because we're not allowed to.

David
Posts: 187
Joined: April 20th, 2015, 3:10 am

Re: Resident Evil 4 Sexist?

Postby David » October 27th, 2021, 1:16 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:
David wrote:use this a springboard to cry about not being allowed to be sexist.

This is why these arguments are a waste of time. The people claiming to be offended have placed themselves on a pedestal, assuming that everyone is just going to agree that they have the moral high ground. To do this, they also have to assume that the people on the other side share their views, but are so one dimensionally evil that they are knowingly and willingly doing bad things. We don't have a problem with the game as it was, so the only possible reasoning is that we want to be sexist for sexism's sake, and we're crying because we're not allowed to.

Cite your sources. Who is claiming to be offended by the original version of Resident Evil 4?

ThePixelatedGenocide
Posts: 851
Joined: April 29th, 2015, 9:06 pm

Re: Resident Evil 4 Sexist?

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » October 27th, 2021, 1:42 pm

Robotrek wrote:Good lord, this got extremely political when the topic was clearly sociological in nature. Another thread down the drain boys.


The story was about a company that's censored everything from breastfeeding to period stains censoring a videogame.

Those claiming it was about offended feelings made it political, however unintentionally.

There's no sociology to be found, except in observing and questioning what really led us here.

DaHeckIzDat
Posts: 1487
Joined: April 9th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Re: Resident Evil 4 Sexist?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 27th, 2021, 2:42 pm

David wrote:
DaHeckIzDat wrote:
David wrote:use this a springboard to cry about not being allowed to be sexist.

This is why these arguments are a waste of time. The people claiming to be offended have placed themselves on a pedestal, assuming that everyone is just going to agree that they have the moral high ground. To do this, they also have to assume that the people on the other side share their views, but are so one dimensionally evil that they are knowingly and willingly doing bad things. We don't have a problem with the game as it was, so the only possible reasoning is that we want to be sexist for sexism's sake, and we're crying because we're not allowed to.

Cite your sources. Who is claiming to be offended by the original version of Resident Evil 4?

How many versions of this game have they released? And they're only now deciding to cut this content? I don't have a source, but common sense says that they wouldn't up and change one of their biggest cash cows for no reason. Not when that's a surefire way to get tons of bad press online, as it always does. No, they have to be trying to pacify another group of keyboard warriors. Probably the same ones that thought shooting black zombies in Africa was racist and that Assassin's Creed Syndicate's main character being thin was fatphobic.

Robotrek
Posts: 433
Joined: June 6th, 2016, 9:24 pm

Re: Resident Evil 4 Sexist?

Postby Robotrek » October 27th, 2021, 3:08 pm

We're sitting here talking about who's offended and who isn't. The overwhelming majority of people having a blast with the game (myself included) don't care about the MINISCULE changes to the game. Literally under 30 seconds of content was changed in an 8 to 10 hour game. And the great majority of us having an absolute ball with this game don't care in the least.

In my estimations, the only people offended here are "woke means POOP" crowd.

I'm fact, being 48, I'm quite disturbed by HOW wound up people my age are that comments sexualizing a teen girl were removed. Kind of worries me about some bedrock thoughts they may have.

David
Posts: 187
Joined: April 20th, 2015, 3:10 am

Re: Resident Evil 4 Sexist?

Postby David » October 27th, 2021, 3:37 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:How many versions of this game have they released? And they're only now deciding to cut this content? I don't have a source, but common sense says that they wouldn't up and change one of their biggest cash cows for no reason. Not when that's a surefire way to get tons of bad press online, as it always does. No, they have to be trying to pacify another group of keyboard warriors. Probably the same ones that thought shooting black zombies in Africa was racist and that Assassin's Creed Syndicate's main character being thin was fatphobic.

Who is "they"? I don't get it. So is Capcom acquiescing to "keyboard warriors", of which you have no evidence of, or is it because Facebook is run by "left wing nuts", of which you also have no evidence of?

DaHeckIzDat
Posts: 1487
Joined: April 9th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Re: Resident Evil 4 Sexist?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 27th, 2021, 3:56 pm

David wrote:
DaHeckIzDat wrote:How many versions of this game have they released? And they're only now deciding to cut this content? I don't have a source, but common sense says that they wouldn't up and change one of their biggest cash cows for no reason. Not when that's a surefire way to get tons of bad press online, as it always does. No, they have to be trying to pacify another group of keyboard warriors. Probably the same ones that thought shooting black zombies in Africa was racist and that Assassin's Creed Syndicate's main character being thin was fatphobic.

Who is "they"? I don't get it. So is Capcom acquiescing to "keyboard warriors", of which you have no evidence of, or is it because Facebook is run by "left wing nuts", of which you also have no evidence of?

I'm not the one who brought up Facebook I was just correcting Pixelatedgenocide when HE brought it up. And if you want evidence of the keyboard warriors...you must not get on the internet much because a game can hardly come out without entitled whiners saying that something about it offends them. Resident Evil 5 is racist because black people live in Africa. Assassin's Creed is sexist because you can't play as a woman — and then when you can play as a woman, its sexist because she isn't a fat woman. Literally anything that comes out of Anita Sarkeesian's stupid mouth. If you want proof, literally just google it.

But like I said, this is pointless. You've already decided you're right and we're wrong, and no amount of debate will ever change that. All I'm doing is giving you more chances to be smug and self-righteous. So again, I'm done.

Robotrek wrote:I'm quite disturbed by HOW wound up people my age are that comments sexualizing a teen girl were removed. Kind of worries me about some bedrock thoughts they may have.

Not that I disagree, I just want to point out that Ashley is 20 years old in RE4, so it's not like people are wanting to creep on an underage girl. Personally, I'm more angry about the amount of power whiners have over companies like this. You can't just make something anymore, you have to make it their way and if you don't they'll sic the cancil culture zombies on you.

ThePixelatedGenocide
Posts: 851
Joined: April 29th, 2015, 9:06 pm

Re: Resident Evil 4 Sexist?

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » October 27th, 2021, 4:17 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote: I was just correcting Pixelatedgenocide when HE brought it up.


Ignoring evidence that doesn't flatter your worldview isn't correcting me. Facebook was one of three partners involved in making this game.

And obsessing over any small amount of AAA games criticism like it's the exact same thing as Facebook's long history of questionable censorship? And further, making excuses for those who knowingly break Facebook's rules against fraud and organized harassment, just so you can feel more oppressed?

Congratulations, keyboard warrior. You've become the thing you hate.

Enjoy your manufactured outrage.


Return to “Video Games General”