PS5 reviews

General and high profile video game topics.
starblazers

PS5 reviews

Postby starblazers » October 2nd, 2022, 11:21 am

When do you think we will see some PS5 reviews?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: PS5 reviews

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 2nd, 2022, 5:09 pm

When I see a PS5 in the store I will pick one up.

In the meantime, maybe you guys can suggest some titles I should investigate when I do! To be honest, there hasn't been a "must-play" title I'm aware of. That's kind of sad for a system that's been out for 2 years!

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » October 2nd, 2022, 7:34 pm

The PS5 version of Death Stranding should be one to get.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » October 2nd, 2022, 8:10 pm

Prolly Madden 23 and NHL 23. EA is doing such incredible things with their sports licenses.

/sarcasm

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » October 2nd, 2022, 9:05 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:In the meantime, maybe you guys can suggest some titles I should investigate when I do! To be honest, there hasn't been a "must-play" title I'm aware of. That's kind of sad for a system that's been out for 2 years!

The PS4 has proved to be long lived. They keep on releasing games for it, I am guessing a large install base still has not moved over to PS5. Usually 2 or 3 years into a new generation we see content fizzle out to near zero on the previous gen. The PS5 releases of the same PS4 games have a significant bump up in graphical fidelity although whether that translates to > $500 for a new console is debatable. I have seen PC gamers pay over 2grand for a graphics card so $500-$600 could be a worthwhile out of pocket expense to have more immersive graphics and/or higher frame rates.

PS5 new releases - Forspoken and God of War Ragnarok look promising and they are out fairly soon. Final Fantasy 16 looks awesome although it might still be a long way off. Valkyrie Elysium has potential and it releases soon. Last of Us Remaster looks like a waste of money to me but it could be the best version.

I do not know what qualifies as a must play but the following exclusives are well worth checking out:
Returnal
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart
Deathloop
Demon’s Souls remake

I hardcore recommend Returnal.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » October 3rd, 2022, 9:45 pm

PS5 has no gaems.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 5th, 2022, 6:19 pm

My fortunes may be changing soon...

By the way I was looking for the "best PS5 games" and just about all were online. Even the new Ratchet and Clank! WTF?

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » October 5th, 2022, 9:07 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:By the way I was looking for the "best PS5 games" and just about all were online... WTF?

It's the way things are these days - and the way the industry has been headed for years.

I won't repeat what I've already said countless times on other boards, but my interest in staying up-to-date with gaming has never been lower than it is now. The wife and I play our Switch semi-regularly, but we never touch our Xbox One, and we have no interest in anything "next generation," even passingly.

Really, it's just the same old games with a new coat of paint. And never-ending downloads.

On the flip side, I still have all my old consoles and games. And my usual gaming budget has instead gone to my original love - music. I've been piecing together my college-era record collection and making mixtapes on the weekends. I've also been painting again, and part of me wonders why I ever stopped!

To everyone who wants a PS5, I hope you get one. But it's still difficult for me to grasp what makes them - or the "next generation" of PlayStation games - desirable in the first place. I've never felt more left in the dust by the gaming industry than I do now, and I have no problem with that. I feel like I'm missing absolutely nothing.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » October 5th, 2022, 10:04 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:My fortunes may be changing soon...

By the way I was looking for the "best PS5 games" and just about all were online. Even the new Ratchet and Clank! WTF?

Is that just Playstation Plus?

I'm trying to find an online only requirement for Rift Apart, and falling short. But I admit I'm way out of my depth here - the last time I bought a nonportable console, it was a PS3.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 5th, 2022, 11:23 pm

My bad, apparently there's another multiplayer Ratchet and Clank.

Return to “Video Games General”