That TV Thread

General and high profile video game topics.
DialSforSam

Re: That TV Thread

Postby DialSforSam » January 30th, 2023, 11:17 am

Still using a Vizio 26" TV that I bought from Costco back in 2011.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » January 30th, 2023, 4:52 pm

ASalvaro wrote:for years in the early 90s i used this TV for my Amiga..it was pretty awesome

Gotta love the era of projection TVs!

My next-door neighbors had something very similar in their finished basement. They were a family that didn't have a TV in their living room or on the main floor of their house, but instead had a nice basement with plush carpet, sofas, and a bar. Many Super Bowls were watched over at that house on that ginormous projection TV...

Herschie

Postby Herschie » January 30th, 2023, 7:13 pm

ASalvaro wrote:for years in the early 90s i used this TV for my Amiga..it was pretty awesome

My friend had that TV, and his dad would let us use it for the Sega Master System and Atari 2600.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » January 30th, 2023, 11:46 pm

Herschie wrote:

My friend had that TV, and his dad would let us use it for the Sega Master System and Atari 2600.

yup i also used to my Genesis and Sega CD on it back then..pretty good TV

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » January 30th, 2023, 11:47 pm

Matchstick wrote:

Gotta love the era of projection TVs!

My next-door neighbors had something very similar in their finished basement. They were a family that didn't have a TV in their living room or on the main floor of their house, but instead had a nice basement with plush carpet, sofas, and a bar. Many Super Bowls were watched over at that house on that ginormous projection TV...

it was a good TV the only downsides were sometimes the viewing angles can be bad and i got some burn in but other than that nothing but good memories

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 31st, 2023, 10:26 pm

Herschie wrote:

Can you imagine telling your handyman to hang this thing on the wall? :lol:

Tron

Postby Tron » February 3rd, 2023, 9:53 pm

Until my life fell apart I had a few cool old tube TVs. I do miss em & appreciate them. If I can rebound from my own poor decisions I’d love to some day have a couple cool tube TVs again hooked up to a Nintendo & a TurboGrafx 16.

Return to “Video Games General”