My Low Amount Of Consoles NOW

General and high profile video game topics.
matmico399

My Low Amount Of Consoles NOW

Postby matmico399 » November 28th, 2023, 12:55 pm

I'm curious if anyone else has been in the situation. I had around 12 consoles several years back. But a family tragedy happened and then I was out of work for awhile partially when covid was at its height. So I sold off most of them to make ends meet. But I kept a few that I had to still keep as they are the main ones I had to keep. I hung on to my 2600, Genesis, PS2 and 360. Thank goodness my PS2 can play PS1 games so I guess I unofficially have five. But boy I miss my old consoles especially the Dreamcast. Have any of you been in the same situation to have to sell off things you really didn't want to get rid of but you felt you needed to? It's funny even though all those consoles are gone I still had to hang on to a few certain games for each, hopefully getting them down the road again.

Voor

Re: My Low Amount Of Consoles NOW

Postby Voor » November 29th, 2023, 6:13 am

Definitely. Sorry you went through that, but kudos to letting material stuff go for the greater good.

These days, I keep a single Nintendo console at a time, and that’s it. But it’s fine. Plenty enough to keep me busy. It’s probably a good thing anyway, as the limitation helps me be sure to engage in other hobbies and interests.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » November 29th, 2023, 10:25 pm

Voor wrote:Definitely. Sorry you went through that, but kudos to letting material stuff go for the greater good.

These days, I keep a single Nintendo console at a time, and that’s it. But it’s fine. Plenty enough to keep me busy. It’s probably a good thing anyway, as the limitation helps me be sure to engage in other hobbies and interests.

Thanks for your response Voor. I just had my four consoles and actually I am so grateful for them. Glad you are rocking on with your small amount of consoles too!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 30th, 2023, 4:58 pm

I think there's something to be said for having a small, focused collection. You probably appreciate each of them more.

You could argue a collection is only as good as it's best game.

Return to “Video Games General”